16

(A/N: So I figured I could want to right how Naruto fights in the preliminary rounds in my version so here ya go.)
-----------------------
"Next up is Naruto Uzumaki and Kiba Inuzuka." I heard Kiba and Akamaru cheer/howl happily.
Kiba is just an overconfident Baka, His clan has good fighter but that Rookie is seriously annoying.

I sighed once again meeting Kiba and his pup ten feet away from the referee.

"Are both contestants ready?" I simply nodded ignoring the cocky shout from Kiba. "You can sit this one out boy! This'll be over in a snap!" Said pup gave a bark before running off to the side not too far away.

I sighed internally. "Are you done yet?" He frowned at me. apparently not expecting my careless attitude.

Kiba ran full speed aiming to punch my face. I'll admit he's fast for a Genin but he left to many spots open. I simply ducked my head low and side-stepping out of his way. I pushed his upper back with the palm of my hand.

My style of battle is really simple: small, quick, and powerful attacks that should cause the most damage with the least amount of effort. Each time I would strike an opponent it is supposed to caused more internal damage than external because I would always try to aim for the most important part of the human body. It's still a working process but it's worked well so far.

Kiba stumbled a bit, breathing ragged from the direct hit to his lungs. Only pausing for a moment to drop low, I kicked his feet out from underneath him. Kiba, not expecting the follow up move hit the ground hard.
Akamaru growled loudly rushing over to protect his owner.

I heard the crowd above the arena talking about how Kiba was losing against the 'dead-last' of the academy.

Akamaru and Kiba stood side by side. Chakra was flowing strongly through the both of them. "I won't lose to a dead last like you!" Kiba growled angrily. I sighed internally. "I'm sorry for deceiving you then." I smirked seeing him so worked up.

"We'll show you! Man-Beast Clone Technique!!" Akamaru and Kiba. They both had longer claws and more doggy-like features on their faces.

I took a step back getting in my own stance: right foot forward, left foot back, both feet waist length apart, open palm held low in front of me, and a loose fist held closely at at my side. A slight mixture of the Hyuga and Uchiha stance with a personal twist.

Kiba(#2); which was Akamaru, ran behind the original Kiba(#1). They had closed the distance in a shorter amount of time which was to be expected by the amount of chakra coursing through their bodies.

I quickly popped Kiba#1 on the nose with the palm of my hand and then spun around him as he cradled his nose and elbowed Akamaru in the face. Akakmaru poof'd back to normal causing a gasp somewhere in the crowd.

Kiba growled close behind me catching me a bit off guard. I quickly turn around to block a punch aimed for my gut. Then directly after blocking his punch I grabbed his wrist tightly and flung him over my shoulder making him crash into his partner who was trying to get up behind us. They rolled a couple feet away before coming to a complete stop.

"Kiba?! Akamaru!? Are you guys alright?!" I heard a growl from the pile as Kiba successfully got up along with Akamaru. "Oh, I guess that's a yes then."

"Fang over Fang!" Kiba and Akamaru both transformed into mini tornados and came air-barreling in my direction at a Jounin speed.

I believe that's an Inuzuka clan technique. I should study the clan a bit more when this is over.

Taking my stance again I twisted and turned being light on my feet and dodged their random attack pattern.

As they flew past me twisting winds ripped through my clothes cutting into my skin making me look a bloody mess, and mad.
"Oh it is so on dog breath!!"

I quickly built up wind chakra to my hands getting ready to finish the fight. When I had charged up for my jutsu my opponents were flying simultaneously at opposite sides. (The perfect set up.) I put my hands up like I was reaching out to catch them and yelled out "
Idaina bōfū-rin!!" Two blast of high speed wind hit my opponents face on. Kiba and Akamaru both went flying in opposite directions of the arena.
-

3rd P.O.V.
The rest of the contestants along with the Hokage and shinobi scatter along the outside of the arena waited for the dust to clear with differnt levels of shock written on most of their faces.

When the arena finally cleared up Naruto was standing up in a tense posture looking around the arena. He looked between where Kiba and Akamaru were knock out on opposite sides of the court. Surprised whispers went through the crowd.

The referee seeing how the two Shinobi and pup were announced Naruto Uzumaki as the winner. Hearing those words Naruto's straight and alert posture slumped.

Sakura, Ino and Hinata cheered for their fellow rookie's win aling with some others. Natuto smiled at his sorta-fan-girls before turning his attention to Kiba and Akamaru being carried out on a stretcher.

Naruto ignoring Sakura yelling at him to come up the stairs already jogged over to the medics. "How are they?" The medic nin looked shocked a little before he smiled wide. "Oh he'll be fine after some time in the hospital." Naruto nodded. "Arigato" Naruto bowed politely waving the medics a goodbye.

Naruto ran back up the stairs past his team and the rest of the contestants standing around them. "Good luck team!" Naruto shouted as he ran past his teammates to Iruka.

"Next up, Sakura and Ino please step down." Iruka spoke up letting Naruto pass him so he could run to the Hokage.

"Hey gramps, we have a problem." Naruto whispered into said Hokage's ear glancing around for any eavesdroppers. The Hokage nodded solemnly. "Go to my office Naruto, I'll be there right after the preliminaries end" Naruto nodded transporting to the tower. An ratted leaf has replaced the spot where Naruto had stood.
-----------------------
(A/N: Yea Naruto a bloody and damaged mess but other than that he alive. Kiba, not so much. ku~ku~ku.
P.S. Naruto always tries to use Jutsu(s) as a last resort against fellow comrades. Just goes to show that Naruto doesn't want to hurt anybody if he doesn't have to. That is a weaknesses of his.)
-----------
Idaina bōfū-rin <translation> Great Wind Break Through -----------
Kiba: I can't believe me and Akamaru lost.. *sulks in a random corner*
Naruto: Hey at least your still alive right? *pats Kiba's shoulder with a nervous grin*
Sakura: I can't believe I tied with Ino-pig. *Sulks in a different random corner*
Ino: Says you Forehead! Get out of my corner! *was already sulking in the corner*
Naruto: Nani! C'mon guys lets not get down in the dumps.
Shikamaru: You guys are such a drag.
Me: Queens!! *appears behind Shikamaru scarring him"
*Everyone screams*
Sakura and Ino: "Author chan!?what was that for?! *red angry faces*
Me: What? I've always wants to do that *gets frying pan out of no where* Got a probelm?
Everyone: Nope!
Kakashi: Now now Author-chan, *takes my frying pan away* there's no need for violence *cheeky smile*
Me: Baka, the whole series is basically violence. *takes back frying pan with a growl* Now off with your head!! *hits Kakashi on the head with the frying pan knocking said ninja out*

Me: Now, without further a-doo-doo *giggles*
Everyone: Author-chan does not own Naruto and never will. They know.
Me: Better safe than sorry. *sticks tongue out with a playful glare*

Naruto: Author-chan would like to give a special shout out to @divya99 for voting on the story so far. It's greatly appreciated.

Everyone & Me: Arigato everyone!!