7.5|Reminiscence|

"Hey, Pete." I tell my closest friend and as usual, he doesn't bother replying. I didn't count on it either, who knows where the fúcker even was. The bastard left all of us behind and decided to call it quits years ago.

No, I didn't fúcking murder him for ditching Vince. And before you all go on assuming shít, I'll fúcking put it out there that Pete didn't betray neither Vince nor myself. Pete just died.

He was laughing, talking and cracking goddamned jokes and shrieking like a banshee at them until my ears bled. 

Then he just left. Just like that. No goodbyes, not even a fúcking pun about leaving to wherever the fúckers like me and him go when our hearts stop. He'd been fúcking ecstatic when he came to visit that night, all fuzzy and warm, sprouting intangible shít about his fiancée being pregnant and baby clothes. 

He'd even passed out once after delivering the news. He'd toasted along with all of us then quietly left, mumbling about getting more champagne. He never returned.

"How are you?" I say as I crouch down in front of the tombstone and place the flowers on his grave, "Remember the woman I told you about, the crazy one with a camera?" I ask him, trying not to choke on my own voice. I fúcking hate being emotional.

"She's gotten this assumption inside her head that has her claiming to be my friend." I let out a bitter laugh, "I know right? Me, a friend. You must think I am fúcking mad cause I even agreed to it. I have a friend." I run my hand through my hair and down my face.

"I miss you, Pete. We all do." I tell him, "And I won't rest until the fúcker who took you away from us has paid the price." I vow.

*******************

"Grimm? Are you fine?" I can't recognize the voice, all I can see is blood, it's everywhere. "Fúck! Vince! Get your ass in here!" The person yells again. "Jesus fúcking Christ!" 

There room echoes with the sound of footsteps and I feel myself being lifted off the ground. "Get the boy out of here. I'll deal with the shítheads." This time, the voice is cold and cruel, it's not the same as the first one.

"Rest, Grimm, you're safe now." The first voice tells me and I am too tired to argue. Colours flash across my closed lids and for the first time in what feels like forever, I can feel the warmth of the sun of my skin.

I know this feeling, I thought I had forgotten what it felt like, thought I would never get to feel it again. It was freedom. I was finally free. At last.

*********************

Else where:

"How did it go?" The man sitting on the throne hidden by the shadows asks as he plays with two wooden puppets.

"Mario's dead. He refused to cooperate after we let the Ripper have his children." The second man, crouched low in a bow replies, his voice is dead as his eyes. There is a scar running down his eye covered with an eye patch. Old cuts and scars litter his face, marring what once could have been regarded as handsome.

He looks fearsome. More so with the missing arm replaced with a synthetic one.

"What about Ripper and Morettila?" The masked man asks his accomplice. "They are well aware of the involvement of a third party in the operation. If Vincenzo is as smart and clever as he let's other's believe, he'll be on high alert." The scarred man replies.

"Good. Great." The puppeteer replies from the shadows of his throne, "Start the next phase of the plan," He nods and stops moving the puppets, looking start at the crouched man, he smiles through his mask.

"You know what to do, Pete." He says and the crouched man stand up. "Ofcourse, Master." Pete replies before turning around and walking out of the room. 

Soon, the Morettila's will loose everything. And I'll show you the same mercy you did to my family. None!

Hello everyone!! Is anyone curious about Pete yet? You all must have dozens of questions rotating inside your heads right now! But don't worry, everything will make sense soon enough.