Dominoes

"Okay class," Mr. Bell said. "We are going to do a trust exercise." Okay class, I want to go home now. Or not, considering my father was waiting for me. I'll call this class the 'in-between state'. "So grab a partner and I'll explain what to do from there." He said. I looked around, watching as everyone paired up so easily. "Uh, Mr. Bell," I said raising my hand. "I don't have a partner." I frowned. He looked around, then pointed to Trevor. "Here, Trevor will be your partner." He said, patting his back as he walked past him. I cursed at myself under my breath. Seriously? How hard is it to find a partner? Trevor smiled and walked over to me. "Hey partner." He said playfully. He was enjoying this, wasn't he?

"So, the first thing we're going to do is fall back and have our partner catch us," Mr. Bell instructed, "Oh, and I'll be watching. Who ever does it best will show the class on the stage." I sighed and turned to face him. "Am I falling first or..?" I asked. He nodded at me and turned to face my back. "Go." Mr. Bell said.

I've always had trouble with this one, but for some reason I was okay with trusting Trevor. I fell back gracefully, (at least I thought it was) and he caught me. For a couple seconds to long, he held me close. When we got back up Mr. Bell was smiling. "Wow class, that was great, although I don't think everyone understands. Trevor and Bay, I'd like you to demonstrate, please." We walked up onto the stage and looked at Mr. Bell who gave us a thumbs up. I sighed and fell back into his arms, and of course he caught me. Again, he held me for a little bit longer.

"Now class, switch the catcher with the faller." He said. I smiled. "I don't know how great I am at catching." I said honestly, but he just smiled. "I trust you." He said. I positioned myself behind him and he fell. I caught him, though we both fell back like dominoes. We landed on the floor and started laughing. "I'm not that heavy am I?" Trevor asked with a smile, getting up. He gave me a hand and I took it. "No, I'm just too small." A couple of people looked at us in curiosity but couldn't make anything of it.

"I'm home!" I said cautiously walking in the front door. I dropped my bag and kicked off my shoes. I had seen dads car in the driveway, so he is home. "Dad?" I called. I heard footsteps walking up the stairs, and I cringed. Maybe I should have sneaked in if I knew he wasn't paying attention. "Hello Bay. How was, the rest of your day?" He asked suspiciously. I sighed, "You know I'm sorry right? I'm just not a great morning person and it bugs me how the populars go around spreading rumors and no one cares." I said, truthfully. My dads face turned to relief. "Well, next time, talk to them like a civilized human, okay?" He asked. I smiled and nodded. "Well, I have to go to the store to get some groceries, I'll be back in a bit okay?" He asked. I smiled and he left. As soon as the door closed the phone rang. I ran into the kitchen to grab it.

"Hello?" I said into the receiver. "Hey." Trevor said. My eyes widened and my curiosity got the best of me.  "Trevor? How do you know my number?" I asked. I think he's stalking me. "Oh, no, I don't. You left your cell phone in class. Actually, I think it fell out of your pants when we fell." He laughed. "Seriously? Are you on my phone now?" I asked. "Yeah."

I thought for a moment. He knew where I lived, and dad is out gone to the store. "Can you bring it here?" I asked casually. He thought. "Sure, if I remember the way." He said and hung up. So, he knows my name, numbers, address. Either he's my stalker or, or what? He likes me? As if, I'm seven years younger then him. That had to be the first time I imagined us a couple. I stood up and went to get my lap top to surf the web waiting for Trevor.

YOU HAVE ONE NEW EMAIL. I clicked on the email with hope, it had my mothers account.

Hey sweetie, I miss you so much.

I'm so sorry for everything you must have gone through

I'm okay now, and I'll be coming home soon