Revelation

Dad brought me the rest of the way home in silence. I was glad to have a short distance from the park to our house. However, there was a pretty big forest in between. It was great for walks, and just thinking. I wished to be there now, watching from behind the glass of the car door. The trees were mostly green but everything was starting to change. The leaves, the flowers, not to mention my life. I sighed. Some things are for the better.

When we got home, Dad shook his head at me. Kicking off my shoes, I was confused. "What?" I asked. His face turned more confused, which is when I realised, he didn't buy it. "There are two things I don't understand, Bay." He said. "When I called Hayley, she didn't say you weren't even there last night." He said. I shifted uneasily. "And?" I asked, sounding shaky. "You." My dad said. "I don't understand you." My dad left his gaze from mine. "So when you decide to tell me the truth, I'll be waiting in my office. Remember, we have all day." He left and headed to his office. I gulped and walked to my room. I had no idea how to answer that. On my way there, Dustin stopped me in the hall. "Were you listening? Pest" I said bitterly. I kept walking trying to pass by him. From behind me I heard. "So, when are you going to tell dad you were with Trevor?" I stopped dead in my tracks. Not turning back I gulped. "Personally, I think you make a good couple. Shame to waste it." He left me in the hall with my thoughts.

I got into my room and jumped onto my bed. Only I could make a bad situation worse. The sad part was, the more I liked Trevor, the more I got into trouble. Well isn't this a deadly cycle. I didn't know what to tell my dad. Lie and tell him I was hanging out at my boyfriends, not Hayley's when I was 'kidnapped'. One problem: need a fake believable boyfriend. It will work though. I guess.

No sooner was I knocking on Dad's office door with a fool-proof plan. "Dad, can I come in?" He murmured a sound that was like: mm hm. I opened the door and stood awkwardly. "Your right dad. I wasn't at Hayley's. I was at .." I thought trying to remember the name I had conjured up. "..Louis's house." His eyes slanted and I felt ashamed. "Did you spend the night, because you know how I feel about-" He said. "No! Dad, god no. I went to my boyfriend Louis's house, then watched my favorite movie. When I was walking home around eleven, that's where the rest of my story fits in." I lied. None of this was true other then the fact I went to my boyfriends house. Hold on, is Trevor my boyfriend yet? I'm not quite sure how this whole process works. He pursed his lips and looked at my face. "And that's the truth?" He asked. I nodded my head. "So how come I've never heard of "Louie?" He asked demandingly. "Louis."I corrected. Dad closed his eyes. -Trying to think I presume. "Go to school. If your lucky you'll catch the start of second period." He said. "We'll discuss this tonight." Underlying in his voice, I thought I heard guilt.

Dad was right, I did catch the start of second period. The bell rang five minutes ago so if I hurried, I could make it in time for the start of a science lesson. I opened the door for science, and tried as fast as possible to get into my seat with out any one noticing. "Ah, Ms. King. Your here." The teacher said as I sat in my seat. Louis looked over to me and smiled. "I was starting to worry." I smiled back then dropped onto my desk as if it were a safety net. Living a hidden life is exhausting. Now I understand how Superman feels. Although, I wasn't saving any one. I guess I'm more like the villain. What was his name, Joker? Robin? "Are you okay?" Louis asked, playfully poking my arm. I raised my head to his joyful eyes. "Just peachy." I complained.

He looked deeper into my eyes. "No, I mean it. Are you okay?" I gulped. I looked back into his, seeing the potential for a shoulder to rest on. "I did something bad." I stated, blankly. He just kept staring. His face didn't change, his eyes didn't lower. I breathed. "I lied to my dad, repeatedly. " He nodded. "What did you lie about? Is it serous?" He asked. My voice caught before I said, "Yeah".

When science was over, I tried my best to maneuver the halls. Especially watching out for Amanda. "Ew, like, get out of our way." Piped one of Amanda's advocates. Amanda pushed through her to stand in front of me. "Oh, so, you're not dead?  Well isn't that a shame." She teased. I glared at her, not letting her the satisfaction. Even though she already had it. "Well, text me when you're actually dead. Okay?" She walked on by me, her and her little sheep.

From across the hall I saw Louis standing angrily, watching them leave. His fists threw into balls and he gave me a sympathetic look. I started to walk away when he grabbed my arm gently. "Wait, is that what this was about?" I averted my eyes just in time to see some of my friends heading down the hall. "Uh no, I'm fine. Really." I walked off, I almost ran actually.

"Hayley, I'm so glad to see you. Can we talk?" I asked. "I don't think so, Bay. I've got homework, and, um.." She said, avoiding my eyes. I walked a little further to see Rachel and Sonja. "Hey! Can we catch up?" I asked, desperate. "Rain-check?" Said Rachel. Sonja just walked off with her and gave me a face. I stood motionless abandoned in the hallway.

I sat by myself at our table. I didn't want any grade nines having the wrong idea. I spotted Trevor having lunch at the cafe, and was about to wave when I stopped myself. I ducked my eyes and felt more alone then before. A grade nine, the one that blackmailed me into a kiss, sat down beside me. I glared at him, saying, "You're not getting another kiss," I looked away from him. "or your friends." He sighed. "I know, and I'm sorry." He said, handing me a pop. "Listen, I uh, feel bad. I don't know what the protocol is, but.. Here. Take it. It's the least I can do." I stared at the pop unwillingly. "God, I feel so bad." He said, putting his head in his hands. I took the pop and took a sip. Well, this is a toast to all the people out there who have messed up their lives in less then a week!

 All fourth period Trevor was busy working in the back room. He was alone in there, and I contemplated finding a way to sneak in there again, but it all seemed to risky. Untill last week I never would have even thought of something like that. I sighed. How have I become a completely different person in love with someone I just met? This doesn't add up. How do I find the old me again? Am I going to wake up and not have had this happened? Is Trevor really worth this? Well, it was a valid question that I had no idea how to answer. Maybe I should break up with him, before anything gets too serious. Maybe I'll save a piece of innocence that I feel is gone.

"Bay, Bay? Wake up." Mr. Bell said hovering beside my desk. I didn't answer because I had no idea what was going on. "Stupid teenagers, they need to learn how to time manage sleep into their systems." He muttered, walking off. I heard a door open and a muffled voice. Then footsteps, and a door open and close once again. I rolled over, and fell off my desk. I hit the floor and felt a sharp pain in my shoulder. "Ow" I breathed, still unaware of what was happening.