Car ride to h-e-(double hockeystick)

When dad arrived home, he looked awful. I think he was sad because it was moms birthday, and she wasn't here. I decided not to say anything. Sometimes I find myself saying too much.

Hayley called, and I told her the new details, but I decided to leave out the part where he said I was good at kissing. Some things are awkward the first time it happens, others should never be talked about again. She cringed when I told her about the make out session, and the fact that Trevor's, what, twenty-four? Oh god, he's seven years older then me.

"Hey pumpkin." My dad said, subtlety opening my door. "How was your first day?" I smiled at him, remembering Trevor mostly, then said "It was great. I have good classes and a spare, too." I said, thinking of how on my spare I just went home. My dad smiled. "A spare? Already? Don't you get those in grade twelve?" He asked, curious. I shook my head in denial. "Actually, that's usual, but I'm ahead of the game." I smiled at the thought. He then left, saying goodbye.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The next day I woke up quite optimistic. Sure, Dustin ruined my perfect record, but he knows that, Trevor knows that, I know that, but no one else knows that... Well, also Dustin's friends, but I doubt that they'd honestly care. I smiled in my comfort, and walked out the front door.

Today it seems to be extra freezing, even though I wore a sweater. Duudde, I thought this was still summer? I asked myself, shivering. Well, that's what you get for living in Canada. I sighed at the fact that I hadn't taken up dads offer of a ride, really wishing for it now. I pushed my hand as far down the sleeve as it could, and held it close. A car stopped just ahead of me, and I wondered why. The door opened and Trevor walked out. So, he is everywhere...

"You look cold, do you need a ride?" He asked, shivering a bit himself. I went to reject his offer but I had no reason why, and I was freezing. I smiled "Thank you!" I jumped into the warm passenger seat of his car. It still had that new car smell. Trevor sat down and looked at me. "You know, for a girl, you have beautiful browns." He said. I smiled, then thought. What did he mean? I have brown hair, sure, but I have blue eyes. Regardless, I found it funny and laughed. He smiled and re-started the engine.

"I owe you the rest of that story, don't I?" He asked. I smiled and nodded, thinking, YES PLEASE!. He took my nod as a yes. "Where was I?" Trevor asked. I blushed "You ended on the note that I made out with you and apparently I was good at it." I said cautiously. He laughed, "Right! Well, after I finally stopped you from kissing me," He said. I winced as I tried to imagine me throwing myself at him. "You started to take off your clothes..." He said hesitantly. I stared straight out the window. Not sure if I really wanted to hear this now. "All you got off were your pants and shirt." He said. I sighed with relief. "Then, you tried for my pants." I blushed and my eyes widened. "But, you only got my shirt. Oh, and just so you know, I wasn't just letting you do this. I was trying to stop you." I smiled at that thought. "But, like I have stated, your persistent, and good at it." Well at least he wasn't some creep..

We got to the school quicker then I had imagined. Which I quickly realised it would be an awkward arrival if I showed up with my teacher. I asked him to drop me off a block away, repeating, "I'll live!". Plummeting myself into the school there were red flags everywhere. Not literally, but socially. People were talking, and I could tell it was about me. How much did they know? That I was drunk down main street with my brother and his friends? Still, the aroma of gossip spelled my name. And I could just tell that English class rumours would be for me. How lovely, the second day and I'm already a hot subject. What? No prize?