Just like home

I woke up for school on Tuesday with a fresh head. I suppose that considering what my brother did to me - and how he, I, we didn't get caught is amazing. Also, I made Dustin clean everything up. He’s sort of my slave for the rest of his life - or until I forgive him which wont happen till he’s 6 feet under.

    “Hey sweetie” My dad said as I walked into the kitchen. “Hey,” I replied “When did you get back?”  I smiled and walked forwards towards the fridge. He gently laid the cup of coffee he was holding onto the table. "Actually, I got home last night. At 7:00." My eyes swerved away from his, and I practically jumped into the fridge. "Oh, I didn't see you." I said. Silently hating Dustin even more then ever.

      I found it silly to think that school would be okay. I guess I subconsciously knew it would be torture filled.  Not only is it the first day of school. For me, grade eleven. For my brother, and his friends, grade nine. If I truly did do what I did, then Dustin's friends will be all over me. Great. Just FREAKING perfect.

      I wandered my way to school after dive bombing dad a stupid reason why I'd rather walk. -Despite the fact that I live like 2 kilometers away. He was used to giving me a drive everyday on his way to work as our schedule would co-inside.

      After fighting with my locker, and finally getting it open, I set my locker the way it had been since I had had a cubby system. A magnetic pen holder with a white board that I'd doodle on instead of using, a box at the bottom to hide my boots, and most subtle yet important, a picture of my mother. I sighed at the simplicity of my locker. Knowing all to well of the amazing lockers others have claim to have. Disco ball, new paint jobs, (which is violation of school code number blah blah) and crazy pictures of famous people pasted like an artistic colleague.   

       According to my schedule I had English, Science, Break, Drama and a spare. English it is. I walked around aimlessly for a while trying to adjust to the mass of the huge school I was in. I was mainly alone, except for maybe 5 early ninth graders so scared that they were on the verge of crying. I walked fast, though I wasn't in a hurry. I had so much time to spare it wasn't even funny.

       Finally finding the right classroom I sat down in the middle row of desks. I always found it to be close enough to the front to pay attention, yet close enough to the back to get all unnecessary rumours. There was only one other person in the class aside from the teacher. She was a huge nerd, and although I never met her, I knew that she was too quiet. She was the kind of girl who holds out for her friends.

      The day seemed to drag on, until almost painful. The sad part was it was only third period. At our usual table, where me, Hayley, Sonja, and Rachel sat was a couple of grade nines. Rachel stood there with her fist in her mouth. At this school, you don't get a spot in the busy cafeteria until you earn it. Me and my friends got our table by throwing a bucket of water on Ms. Threshold. Of course, what the rest of school didn't know, was that she was okay with it. Either way, I wasn't going to let some inexperienced have it. Not today, not ever. I walked up to Rachel and said "Not yours" Adressing the ninth graders. Rachels eyes narrowed as she watched them leave. I sat down, pretending to wipe off there germs and smiled. "Just like home."

After Hayley and Sonja came to join us at our table, everything felt a little bit better. We chatted of course, about our summer, our classes, and Hayley acused me of failing to comunicate during the summer. I rejected this proposal, as one might but to no avail. In her world it will take three hour long phone calls detailing my whole life to make up for it. Unfortinately I hate the phone - and in person just isn't enough.

"So over the summer, I told you that I went to this Beach House in the middle of nowhere, anyways, at this Beach House was the love of my life." Oh yeah, and Rachel, she never has crushes, she only has 'The love of my life's. Last year alone she had 6, but she only ended up dating one who dumped her for being too clingy. That was one mess I never want to clean up again. "He was so.... And the best part was he was SO sweet. I think he loves me!" Rachel said excitedly. No one else in the group really believes that he loves her. Maybe a crush, but we all know it's because of her looks. Rachel in one word is stunning, but more specifically, she has blonde hair, brown eyes, she's in that petite group and to top it off her mothers pretty much a millionaire - so she's always in on fashion. Personally I don't see why she picked us of all people to hang out with, but I'm glad she did.