My name?

---Bay---

“My name? MY name.. Oh. Well, that's easy! Bay. Bay King. Ms. King. What about you, huh? Whats your name?” I asked, impatiently. I laughed. Actually, I think I snorted.

“You know, names. Names are only temporary. We’ll all die one day. Now, nick-names are here to stay.” I said waving my empty glass in the air. The boy in front of me opened his mouth to speak. I ‘d probably say that he was speaking. Although I really only noticed his lips. They went up and down, and sometimes you’d see a flash of tongue as it hit the top of his moist mouth. I licked the top of my mouth- it was painfully dry. I stared at the boy in front of me with a lopsided smile as my head tilted.

“You.” I said. Then his mouth stopped. I frowned and looked to my feet. When I looked back up, his mouth was curled into a  frown.

“Whats YOUR name?” I asked.  When his mouth started to move again I smiled. I looked up to his eyes. His brown eyes. His deep, daydreaming brown eyes that carries you around the world. Then I searched in anger for his hair as it fell in front of his eyes. His hair was really brown to. Maybe even darker then his eyes. -Impossible I told my self.

    “Bay? Bay? Bay wake up. Oh my god this sucks.” I lazily opened one eye to survey the room. My head lifted high off the wet pillow it layed on.  Or- maybe it wasn’t a pillow, I couldn't of told you unless I saw it. Around me was a bedroom. Not mine, it was a boys bedroom. Actually, it wasn’t recognizable at all. It couldn’t have been my brothers room, or my parents room. Where am I?

I could hear the distant mumble of my brother however. He was talking to someone. Male, and again unrecognizable. When I tried to stand up, my head spinned and I fell to the floor. I must of hit something, because my brother ran into the room.

“Dustin?” I said, staring dumbly up at him from the ground I lay on.

“I am so sorry, Bay. My friends thought it would be funny.” He said. Dustin is 15, and I’m 2 years older then him. 15, - 16, -

“Bay, are you okay?” My train of thought was lost as I paid more attention to what Dustin was saying, rather then my age.

“I don’t know.” I said truthfully.

“What do you remember?” Dustin asked me directly. I looked around and re-evaluated. 15,-16,-17...

“I think I’m 17.” Dustin’s face dropped , and I started to wonder. What did happen?

“Your just lucky I came home before they were finished with you.” A guy said coming into the room. I kept staring, maybe even glaring, at Dustin. I wanted answers. I sat up.

“Okay, wait, what happened to me?” I asked, though I wasn't sure I wanted to know. Dustin and the other guy exchanged a glance.

“Well, up until yesterday you were perfect, but you can blame me for what happened.” Dustin stalled.

“Well, after you came home from work yesterday we thought it would be funny to get you - drunk.” He said, avoided the glare that I was giving him.

“So we offered you a drink with the powder that my friend Garrett mixed up to get an instant drunk.. Then, you kind of blanked out on, well, everything and started doing things I didn’t know were possible.” I was starting to hope that my glare was hurting him.

“What did I do?” I asked clearly, with a gulp of terror. Dustin hung his head low.

“I don't really want to say, I mean can't really remember." he said, dodging the daggers that I was subconsiously throwing at him.

“Well, you started making out with him,” Dustin said, pointing to the guy across the room. “a lot." I looked across the room to the guy he was pointing at. The guy looked tall and built, and clearly had had a shower today, unlike my brother or me.

“Your not one of my brothers friends, are you?” I asked, wondering who he was. The guy just laughed.

“Actually, I just finished college.” The guy said awkwardly.

     Needless to say, at this point I could kill my brother. Dustin stood beside me, unmoviong, until he finally left the room.

“Whats your name?” I asked. The guy smirked and replied with “Trevor Osborne.”

    When I got home, which Trevor was kind enough -and sober enough- to drive, I was lucky to find that my Dad was on a business trip. I mean, I knew that before, but I guess I just expected trouble. I hadn’t even wondered until now how we actually ended up at Trevor's house anyway. Either way, I decided to go back to sleep. Is it possible to sleep forever?