Shocked

I opened my eyes to the sun blaring in my eyes. I squinted, not being able to open my eyes. What had happened? Then it hit me, Kyle had caught me trying to escape and he chloroformed me. I noticed that my ankles and wrists were tied together with duct tape. I attempted to free myself but I was taped up pretty good. I sat myself up but knew I would just have to wait for Kyle to come in. I was not looking forward to seeing him, especially when I saw how mad he was last night.

                I felt like the circulation was being cut off by the tape. Kyle must have been furious when he was taping me up. My head was spinning and I had the worst headache ever. I knew this would happen too, that's why I hated chloroform. I actually needed to behave now, so that this wouldn't happen again. Now was the time to really suck up to him so he didn't kill me. What freaked me out was that I was no longer wearing wet, sandy clothes from last night. I was changed into a new pair of shorts and a t-shirt. Had Kyle done this? The thought of him changing my clothes while I was unconscious sickened me.

          I heard the door being unlocked and the doorknob twist. Did he really think I would get out of the duct tape handcuffs and then what, swim off the island? There wasn't any reason for locking the door. The door opened and Kyle walked in. He shut the door behind him and had a stern face on. I didn't make eye contact and I kept my head down. He sat down on the bed and said, "Look at me!"

               I slowly tilted my head up and looked at him. He lifted his hand and reached for my face but I quickly turned my head, not wanting him to touch me.

             "Stop, let me see your eye." He demanded.

                What was wrong with my eye? I actually let him examine my eye and when he touched my right eye, I flinched in pain. Why did that hurt so much? I closed my eye and turned my head, preventing Kyle from touching it again.

          "You have a black eye." He replied as if he wasn't the reason I had one.

               Without thinking about my actions, I swung my tied legs and kicked him in the face, knocking him off the bed. I probably shouldn't have done that but I was mad at him I couldn't control myself. I heard him curse under his breath and he stood up and said, "Really? Who the hell is tied up right now?"

              "Who's the one who just got hit by someone tied up?" I replied without skipping a beat.

             He backhanded me in the face and made me fall back on the bed. My face was hurting again and I wouldn't be surprised if not black eye got worse.

             "You know what, I'm done being nice." He snarled as he stormed out of the room.

              Well, I just messed up big time. I need to get out of these restraints. Since my hands were behind my back, I had to get them in front of me first. I pulled my knees as close as I could to my chest and slid my arms through my legs so that my hands were cuffed in front of me now. I placed my wrists by my feet and pushed the tape so that it slid forward so I could get the tape off. As soon as I was able to rip the tape off then I was able to get the tape off my feet.

            Kyle was actually smart about locking the door the other time because it wasn't that hard to get out of the duct tape. My wrists and ankles were bright red but I didn't care. I figured that the door would be locked so decided to climb through the window. Guess someone didn't think of everything. I have a feeling that Kyle is pretty pissed.

              I would rather get away from him and explore the forest around the area, than being locked in a room all day, fearing that he will come in and hurt me. I really believe that he would hurt me now after my black eye and everything he's done. I opened the window and crawled out of it without a problem. I shut the window and knew this would be a good day to explore the island. I needed a good run anyway. I hadn't actually run unless I was trying to escape since I was taken.