The Plan

Being in the shower seemed to take away everything that has happened to me. It was as if I was washing my feelings away and I was in a whole new world. I cranked the temperature as high as it could go without burning me. I stood there and watched the water below me turn a brown color from dirt that covered my pale body. My skin turned red in color from the hot water but honestly, it didn't hurt me. Nothing seemed to hurt me at this point in my life. I scrubbed my body and hair with soap until the water remained clear below me. I had to be in the shower for at least an hour. I nearly went through most of the conditioner trying to get the tangles out of my hair. The bottom of the floor was covered in sand which made me shiver in disgust. I used to love the beach but right now I hated it.

             I stepped out of the shower, letting the cool air touch my skin. The fluffy towel comforted my body as I dried myself off. At some point, Kyle had gotten me an extra set of clothes which he had given me before my shower. I wanted to burn my old, sandy clothes. I slipped on the pair of black running shorts and a plain grey t-shirt. There was a pair of black underwear and a sports bra left for me which made me sick to my stomach that he picked this out for me and that it was the correct size. How did he know that? I had no idea.

              I had dried my hair with the hairdryer and decided to leave it down. My hair was way blonder than it had been before. There was no longer dirt or grim in it anymore. It was actually straight with no tangles in it. For once I felt pretty again since I had been taken. I wasn't sure if that was a good thing with Kyle, but it made me feel slightly better.

            It was about seven o'clock now and for dinner, we had spaghetti, which my first meal besides peanut butter and jelly. Kyle and I ate in our bedroom and Marcus and Brooke in their room. If I had to guess, the guys didn't want Brooke and me together as much. It was smart because two minds thinking together is better than one. I had butterflies in my stomach as bedtime came because I had a plan to escape.

           I had noticed that Kyle always had the boat keys in his back right pocket of his jeans. I just had to sneak the keys out from his pockets and when he is sleeping, go outside to the boat and get help for Brooke. I obviously couldn't risk getting to escape with me because Marcus would wake up. I had to do this alone and get help before anyone woke up in the morning. Getting the keys though was another story and I really didn't want to have to kiss him again but that was the only way to distract him enough to get the keys from him.

              "You know that I should have let you shower more often because you look absolutely beautiful, Kelly." Kyle said as he played with a strip of my hair as we both laid on the bed together, he hadn't taken his jeans off to go to sleep yet so this was perfect.

            "Thanks." I whispered.

               I glanced up at him, giving me one of my fake smiles. I was getting good at fake smiling, it was kind of scary. Slowly, I leaned over and placed a soft kiss on his cheek. I remained close to him, waiting for him to kiss me back. It would be impossible for him to resist me being inches away from him. A grin appeared on his face as he leaned into me and placed his lips softly against mine. Eagerness took over him as he deepened our kiss, flipping me onto my back as he hovered over me, his lips never leaving mine. I snuck my arms under his and slowly slid his shirt off of his muscular body. 

                He lowered himself onto me, my shirt being the only barrier between the two of us. He rested his elbows next to my head, making sure not to let his entire weight lay on me. As the kiss deepened, he tried to sneak his tongue in but I didn't let that happen. I wasn't giving him that much. He ran his fingers through my hair and pulled away from me just to get a good look at me as he hovered over me.