Finding a Kidnapper

Matt was looking at a map, trying to find places where the kidnapper could be hidden. There were so many places that someone could hide a bunch of girls. Matt was desperate to have his baby girl back in his arms. He would do anything for her. He was circling potential places when Ross walked in.

               "Whatcha doing?" He asked, staring at the map.

                  "I'm trying to find places up north where our guy could be hiding the girls at. Marcus was heading north when he left the prison so I think that is our best place to look. Maybe the note he got told him to go north." Matt said, trying to put all the puzzle pieces together.

                 "You found anything worth searching?" Ross questioned.

                "Maybe a couple places around here." Matt said and Ross smiled at the news.

                  He had circled three main places where they could be. There was a group of several abandoned homes about ten miles north of the station. Then there were two sections of woods that each had several cabins in them, which were farther from town, about twenty and thirty miles away. Matt was going to investigate all of them even if it took days to do. He was not giving up on his daughter.

               Ross offered to join Matt but he declined his offer. Matt didn't want to distract him from working on the other crime scenes associated with the kidnappings. If Matt found something, he would call for back up. Right now, these places were just guesses.

                He said goodbye to Ross and got in his car to head to the abandoned homes. This guy can't be too far because he has been watching the police and his victims. It took Matt about ten minutes to get to the houses. They were abandoned because people found that there were under a cemetery and didn't want to live there. After a while, the houses got old and people weren't allowed to live in them even if they wanted to. It would be the perfect place to hide girls who aren't supposed to be found.

                 He got to the group of three houses in a row. There were only three in the facility because once construction workers realized they were building on a cemetery, the stopped construction. Matt got out of his car, made sure his gun was loaded and walked up to the first house. It was a small ranch house that had the decay look to it. It had chipped paint and the bushes around the house had taken over the front porch and were overgrown. He climbed the three stairs to get to the door. Each time the stairs creaked as he stepped on them. The door was unlocked and he walked in. It was day time so he didn't need his flashlight in the powerless house.

              There wasn't any way he could live here, no power and poor conditions. Matt still wanted to check out the house though. It would make him feel better. Other than the bugs and rats, there was nothing else living in the house. Disappointed, he walked over to the next house. It was a two story house that was in a worse condition than the first house. There were bugs and rodents at the house too and Matt found nothing else living inside.

                He had a feeling that the man wasn't here. He decided to check the last house though, just to be safe. He was right about this theory, he wasn't there and it was just an old house. The sun was setting and was going to get dark soon so Matt decided to head back to the police station and check out the woods tomorrow. He drove back to the station as he kept thinking of Kelly and how much he missed her. When he got there, he wanted to look at the report that Kyle was supposed to write up about the Christina Perry case.

           Matt started to read the report that was left on his desk. As he read the messy handwriting, something clicked in his mind. He quickly got the case file for Faith Hanks and Courtney Finder. He quickly grabbed the notes written by the man. He compared the writing to the writing on Kyle's file and was stunned by the results.