Hide and Seek

The man had used enough chloroform to knock Kelly out for about an hour. One down two to go. Kelly's friend, Maddie wasn't hard to knock out due to the lack of training and her petite structure of her body didn't help her either. The man easily overpowered her. Now, the boy was harder to under control. He was exactly like Kelly, a fighter and a damn good one. But once the man threatened to kill him, he stopped fighting and let me knock him out. He figured being kidnapped was better than dying and honestly, who knew which would really be worse.

               It was easier to walk through the house with the power back on. The breaker box was easy to figure out and it helped scare the shit out of the kids. The man loved the chase, it was his favorite part of kidnapping and it was even better knowing it was Kelly.

               One by one, he carried the kids out to his black Mustang. They were all put in the trunk and wouldn't be making any noises to piss him off. The house he had would give him enough time to get them to his secret place. He loved the fact that her father was too busy trying to find the man that he didn't worry about his daughter's safety. On top of that, the man had killed Kelly's mom, not wanting her to walk in the house and catch him. The man remembered the kill perfectly.

               The man was following Kelly's mom, knowing he had to kill her. She would be going home to Kelly after work, which was when the man was going to kidnap her. Sure, the man could have slashed her tires on her car to delay her from getting home, but where was the fun in that? Plus between Kelly's mom and dad, they had hurt her emotional so much. The bitch deserved to die for hurting her daughter like she did.

              It was about five o'clock in the evening when he spotted the mom. Kelly was a spitting image of the woman. She had her short blonde hair and those bright blue eyes that reminded the man of Kelly so much. It was her best feature. The mom was a nurse at a local hospital about 30 minutes away from her house. She was wearing her navy blue scrubs with her hair tied back. The hospital was located in downtown Denver, which was heavily populated. It wasn't a dangerous place to be, but the man was about to make it dangerous.

               He took advantage of the woman's lack of security as a part of his plan. She would never think someone would try to kill her in the evening, downtown since it was generally a safe place to live. The fact that she's a nurse also opens up more opportunities. The man smiled, he had the perfect plan to kill her. She'd never see it coming.

              The man got out of his car and started walking on the same side of the woman, she was looking down at her phone so she didn't even see him. He knew where she had parked her car at and knew the perfect alley where he would kill her. He was almost out of vision from her as he ducked into the alley and waited for her to walk by him.

               He mentally counted her steps, timing it almost perfectly to when she would be near. While he waited for her, he slipped on latest gloves and hid them behind his back so she wouldn't notice them. Just when she walked in front of the alley, the man called towards her, asking for help. She looked around and then made eye contact with the man who made himself breathe heavily and trembling body as he acted the part.

             "There's a guy who is bleeding down there. He needs help." The man exclaimed, admiring his own acting skills.

              "The hospital is right down the street, let me call for help." She said, reaching for her phone, not even bothering to notice his hands behind his back.

               "I just called the police, but he's bleeding out really bad. He needs help now." He said.

                She nodded and quickly ran down the alley. The man following close behind her as the darkening alley continued. This was where her death would be and no one would be able to see it. When they reached the end of the lengthy alley, the woman looked around, wondering where the bleeding patient was. She was about to speak when the man pulled out his knife and quickly slid it across her throat, the warm blood gushing from her throat.

            She started to gag, choking on her own blood as she gasped for air. Her shaking hands grabbed at her throat, trying to stop the blood from flowing. Her eyes were widened and filled with tears as she stared up at the man. She was sitting on her knees at this point when the man kicked her over, causing her to let go of her neck for a second to catch herself. That second was all the man needed. She had lost too much blood at this point. The color in her eyes started to fade and her final breath was taken, before she collapsed to the ground, no longer moving.

            Her blood covered his gloves, but nothing else. He had made sure not to make a huge mess. His car wasn't too far away from the alley. As far as he could tell, there weren't any security cameras in the alley or surrounding streets, since this was normally a safe place to live. The man shoved the bloody gloves in his pocket, not wanting anyone to see the evidence. On his way back to his car, he had stopped by a payphone and called the police telling the location of the dead woman. He said nothing else to them. He grabbed a wipe from his pocket and cleaned off the phone and numbers, not wanting to leave his fingerprints anywhere.

             When he was finished he got back into his car and drove away just as the police sirens were pulling up to the scene. It wouldn't take too long for Matt Hunter to realize his wife was dead. The thought made the made smirk, not it was time to get Kelly.

           Before the man left Kelly's house, he purposely left the chloroform cloth for the police. He had worn gloves so no prints. He was good at not giving the police fingerprints, even in his old car, he always for gloves and same in his new car.

              He had taken apart his electric door knob trap and threw it in the bush nearby. The police would surely find it. He had heard Kelly shriek when she touched the door, trying to escape and was shocked. All he had to use was some wire and a car battery.

              He got in his car and drove away from the house. The man had known that the kids were in the bedroom under the bed but he liked the thrill of chasing them and making them feel scared and hopeless. It made him even more eager when they went to the basement of all places. It couldn't have worked out any better.

             He had never been this excited for any of his other kidnappings and he had gotten three kids this time, a new record. He quickly drove to the cabin. He was going to do a lot of walking tonight since he had to unload three bodies versus just one. The man loved playing hide and seek with the police, but what they didn't know was that the man never lost in hide in seek as a kid. He always won.

***

This chapter is now edited, please let me know if you see any mistakes. :D