Million Dollar Baby (Chapter 4)

Over there is a picture of Jaimie ------------------------------->

***************************************************************************

*Chapter 4*

After I thought that, I shook my head. No, he can't be it. No one would want me now. I'm pregnant and I don't think any guy wants a ready-made family.

I sullenly walked down the street eating my muffin and thinking. No matter how hard I tried my thoughtalways ended up straying back to Tanner. I wonder what he's up to now. I wonder what Chloe's up to now. Probably having fun with each other without me.

I also wondered about all of my old friends. I had left without telling them anything and I know they were surprised I didn't show up yesterday. Now I was here at this new town, about to go to a new school, and have to make new friends all over again.

And me being pregnant and all isn't helping anything because I don't think girls are going to crowd around to be my friend. I might even be considered a whore for being like this at such a young age. The thought made my eyes fill with tears. No matter what happened I would not be ashamed of my baby. He/she didn't ask for any of this and therefor I would not treat them as such.

I decided that when I got home I'd call my closest friend Jaimie and fill her in on what happened.

****

"Hey, dad." I greeted as I walked into the house. He was sitting at the kitchen table working on something.

"Hey, sweetie." My dad worked from home which I guess was a good thing for me because when the baby came, someone would always be here to watch them when I couldn't.

"I found a job." I told him excitedly.

"Really, where?" He asked.

"At Barnes&Noble, since you know I like reading."

"That's great. When do you start?"

"Tuesday."

"Why so late?" I explained the situation to him as I made myself a quick snack of a marshmallow fluff and peanut butter sandwich. I'd been having that craving for quite some time. I bit into it, chewed for a minute. It was missing something. I looked through the closets until my eyes caught sight a bottle of honey. I grabbed it and briskly made my way back over to the table.

I drizzled some honey in between the slices of bread and quickly bit the sandwich again. This time, a small moan escaped me at how delicious it tasted. As I chewed, it took a minute for me to realize that my dad was queit. I peeped one eye open and saw him staring at me with an amused look.

"Is it good?"

"Yes," I said around a mouthful and then bit into the sandwich again. I walked around with the sandwich in my hand as I was reluctant to put it down, while I put the things I'd used away. I put them together in one spot in the closet to make it easier for me because I knew I'd be pulling them back out soon.