Million Dollar Baby (Chapter 1)

On the side there is Jourden ----------------------------> :D 

___________________________________________________

*Chapter One*

I had been on my way to Tanner's house to tell him some good news. I was excited, even though I probably shouldn't have been, and I thought maybe he'd be excited too as long as we were together. I was walking up to the door getting ready to knock on it when it swung open and his mom came out.

"Oh, hello sweetie, I didn't see you there." She smiled at warmly. I'd always liked Mrs. Lawson because she was such a cool mom. Always nice to me when I came over. 

She let us pretty much do whatever we wanted and I was allowed in his room, with the door closed. My mom would never go for that.

"Hi, Mrs.Lawson." I gave her a little wave. "Is Tanner here?" I asked. I could hardly keep the smile off my face I was so excited to tell him.

"He sure is. He's right up in his room." She gestured over her shoulder. "I was wondering when you'd get here."

I looked at her puzzled. "What do you mean?"

"Chloe is here already. They had a project to do." She smiled and patted me on the shoulder, before walking off to her car. "Bye."

I waved silently to her as confusion clouded my mind. My best friend and my boyfriend had a project that neither of them bothered to tell me about. I mean I trusted Tanner and all and I didn't believe my Chloe would do anything like that but still...How would you feel if your best friend was going over your boyfriends house everyday to do a project that you didn't know anything about?

I shook those thoughts off and quietly opened the door. I didn't hear any noise which means they weren't in the living room. I furrowed my eyebrows. They were in his room?

I crept silently over to the stairs and proceeded to go up them gently as to not make any noise. Maybe I was being paranoid but something was telling me not to be seen or heard right now. I just wanted to check.

Once I got to his door I pressed my ear against it softly hoping to catch some conversation going on, but it was like silent night in there. I pressed my ear harder against it thinking that maybe they were talking too quietly for me to hear anything but I still heard so sounds.

"Dammit!" I suddenly heard Tanner shout loudly, which made me jump away from the door in fright. I heard footsteps now, which sounded like they were pacing back in forth in front of the door.

I walked back to the door and pressed my ear against it again but steeled myself just in case there was any more shouting.

"I can't do that, Chloe. I won't do that." His voice was furious and stubborn.

"Well," Chloe started in a very bitchy voice. "It's either that or your precious girlfriend finds out what you've been up to behind her back. I bet she wouldn't take that too well, hm?"

What has he been up to behind my back? I was always with him after school and even during school, so when did he have any time to do something behind my back? And why did Chloe know and I didn't? We never kept secrets from each other.

"Please..." Tanner's voice sounded strained and defeated. "Don't make me do this. I love her so much, I can't lose her."

"Aw, tear." Chloe said sarcastically. I remember she used to always say that to me jokingly when I ended up shedding some tears for whatever reason, and it always made me laugh. But now, it sounded anything but joking. "I don't feel bad. I want this. Break it off with her or I'll end it for you. And I promise it will be so much worse if I do it." She threatened.

There was a long pause and then Tanner spoke. "Okay, I'll do it." He sounded on the verge of tears and that had me almost busting the door down and kicking Chloe's ass, but then what Tanner said registered and I stopped cold. What?

"Good choice. You have one hour to do it or I will." I heard her foot steps coming towards the door and I panicked and ran in the bathroom that was right across from his room. I closed the door quietly trying not to make a sound.

I heard her heels clicking as she descended the stairs and left the house. Then Tanner's room door clicked shut once again and I sighed in relief. Slowly, opening the door, I peeked out to make sure Tanner hadn't walked out of his room but I saw nothing.

I quietly made my way out of the bathroom and down the stairs, all the while holding back my tears. I couldn't believe he was gonna just end us like that. After all we'd been through, he should know I would be here for him, if this secret was hurting him so bad. That's how I found myself running away from his house, crying and hardly able to belive what I'd just heard.

Then I thought about having to face him in school the next day. Him and Chloe. Which reminded me. Why was she doing this in the first place? What did she get out of breaking Tanner and I up? She'd said 'I don't feel bad. I want this...'. What did she mean by that? She wanted what?

I couldn't face them everyday. I had to leave. I ran home and checked to make sure my mom or her boyfriend Richard wasn't home, beofre dashing up to my room and to the closet. I grabbed my biggest suitcase and started packing. I had to leave. My dad lived just two states away and I could go and live with him.

As I was packing up I called him up to ask. He was shocked to say the least, because of how sudden all of this was was but he agreed never the less. When I was done packing I wrote a note for my mom to tell her what was happening. She wouldn't be pleased, but with how I was feeling right now, I couldn't really bring myself to care. I then got on the computer and bought myself a train ticket. It was scheduled to leave in the next hour.

I caught a taxi to the Train station to wait. As I was sitting there, my phone buzzed. I check the screen to see I had one new text message from Tanner. My heart pounded painfully in my chest as I stared at the screen. Was this going to be what I think it is?

Fearfully, I opened the message with shaking fingers.

' Hey Jourden, I decided that this- us- isn't gonna work out after all. I have too many things going on in my life right now that I can't tell you about, to deal with a girlfriend. So I'm sorry, but it's over. I'll always love you. <3 Tanner '

I was left there with tears running down my face and my right hand holding my break-up text, whilst my left hand absentmindedly rubbed my stomach. I looked down at it, seeing the hard, slight bulge that had changed my life earlier this morning and couldn't help but think that if the things happening in his life were going to be as complicated as my life was about to get.

I was about to become a single, teenage, mother.

_________________________________________________

Here's the next chapter! Lol I know I uploaded two anyway but I'm so excited about this story. Anway you know what to do. Please let me know what you think. :D