Million Dollar Baby (Chapter 8)

Hey! Sorry I took so long uploading this. I tried to make it longer though. Anyway, I've been busy but I've already started the next chapter since I know where I want it to go!

Oh and if you haven't already, please check out my newest story "Damaged"!

Enjoy! <3

********************************************************* 

*Chapter 8*

I stared at Noah sitting across from me at the table. After school we had decided that we would go to Starbuck’s and get some hot chocolate. And because I was hungry still even after lunch.

Noah had made a comment on the way over here about how I sure had a hearty appetite and it made me nervous. I was still debating whether or not I wanted to tell him now or to wait until he sees when I’m showing. It wouldn’t be fair but right now I was scared out of my mind.

Noah and I made small talk as we ate, which seemed kind of awkward to me but I guess he didn’t notice. Or if he did he didn’t let on about it. Finally, I grew tired of beating around the bush.

“So I guess I should tell you why I brought you here huh?” I asked and then immediately regretted it when he looked confused. I had forgot that he didn’t know I was planning on talking to him.

“Uh, I didn’t know we were here for any particular reason except to hang out, but…” He trailed off looking at me questioningly.

“Oh yeah. My mistake. Well, I have sort of have something I need to tell you.”

“Something bad?” He questioned immediately growing wary of me.

I shrugged. “Depends on how you take it.”

“Ok. What is it?”

“Umm, well, I’m kind of,” I stuttered looking for the right way to say this other than to just blurt it out. I wasn’t having any luck though. “I’m a little—well ok a lot—sort of, just a bit…pregnant?” I finished off in a question as my voice got higher and higher towards the end.

And I Had made absolutely not one bit of sense. I couldn’t tell by the look on Noah face whether he wanted to laugh at my convoluted words or if he was going to blow up at me. A cross between the two probably.

Noah tilted his head down and looked at me from under his lashes. He gave a quick bark of laughter and shook his head like he was shaking something off of him. “I’m sorry, what?” He asked like he had heard wrong.