Chapter twenty two On Bended Knees

Copyright © MarcyN

Angelo didn't know what possessed him to ask Connie, Nicole and Italia to help him find a gift for  Francesca  they talked nonstop and they dogged him about Francesca the whole ride into the city.  Especially Connie who was doing more shopping for herself then anything as they entered the third jewelry store on the block he had enough. "Yo girls are you helping me or is this just a pow wow for you three. "Angelo please, where helping we just haven't found the right gift yet besides we didn't tell you to keep secrets from your wife."

"Connie you can't let it go can you?"

"No I can't, if it had been Ignacio ..he would be sleeping with the damn fishes in the skcull river."

"You got that right Con.." Angelo looked at Nicloe " Why did you all come with me if you just want to bash me about Francesca.

"Because despite you being an idiot we love you and we know you love Francesca..and we love her too." Italia looked at him. "And you look so sad Angelo.." Italia put her arms around him giving him a  hug than his other sisters had to join in a big family hug that left them all  with moist eyes.

"So we've decided to take things into our own hands."  Connie said.

"You're going about it all wrong." He looked from Connie to Nicole.

"This is how it's going to work. Where going to invite her to lunch." Italia put in.

"Connie will pick her up and bring her to Lucky's."

"I tell her that Nicole and Italia are running late." Connie put in.

"But of course were not really coming. " Nicole pointed

" Then I'll go to the bathroom." Connie continued.

"And then you show up."

"It's your  show from there."Nicole smiled.

"What about the gift."

"Get a gift for the babies.." Italia put in.

"Yeah she'll cry because she's hormonal and basically an emotional wreck." He looked at all three of his sisters.

"You think so?"

"Yeah I talked to Sophia this morning she's just as miserable as you but she's stubborn." Connie confessed

"After you give her the gift get on your knees and beg."

"I think  he should get down on you knees and then give her the gift."Nicole said.

"Maybe he should just crawl on his knees across the floor groveling."Italia laughed.

Angelo watched as his Connie started dialing." Shhhh." She put a finger to her lips signaling for everyone to be quiet.  " Hi Francesca how are you? Good, anyway I wanted to ask you out for lunch tomorrow. Great I'll pick you up.  No I haven't seen Angelo he's with mom and dad cooped up in his old room. But I don't care about Angelo I'm worried about you and the babies. I know great I'll see you tomorrow."

"Thanks Conn."

"That's what families for little brother, now let's go find my new nephews or nieces a gift from daddy."

 Francesca watched Connie walk to  the bathroom she had pick her up they were waiting for Nicole and Italia.It was funny that they seemed to be the only customers on a busy afternoon. She was looking down at the menu. When she caught the faint smell of a familiar cologne. She looked up into his blue eyes.She couldn't tell he hadn't been sleeping well by dark circles underneath  them .It seemed like weeks instead of days since she last saw him. She couldn't stop the tears as he went down on his knees in front of her. Placing  a box on the floor beside him. He took both her hands in his. "Please forgive me  Francesca. I can't live without you. I can't eat, I can't sleep. I'm lost. I love you so much French please come home."

"I miss you too...I want to go home and get ready for our babies Angelo.  He stood pulling her to her feet. Looking down into her eyes he put his lips to hers in a deep kiss.

 Two days later Francesca was lying on the couch looking at TV when the door bell rang.  Rollig from side to side she finally managed to stand.  She felt  really miserable today  her back was  killing her. She couldn't see her feet  and it was getting harder to walk and maneuver because her belly  seemed to be  getting bigger by the minute she now had to go to see Dr. Yhi weekly and he was considering hospitalizing her as the due   date got nearer. She was scared out of her mind and to top it off she missed Angelo he had to go in the office and  take care of business. She finally made it to the door . "Hello little Momma."

"Shit Chelsea."