Chapter Nine

Ms Moretti , that little white image there  is your baby and according to this you are officially six weeks.”  Doctor Yhi announced as he rolled  the transducer over her  jelly incased belly. “ So that makes your due date around November 10th.”   Francesca felt the tears prickle the back of her eyes as she watched the image of her developing baby.  Realizing that this should be something she was sharing with Angelo. 

 A Scorpio.” Lala smiled squeezing Francesca’s hand reassuringly as she looked at the image on the screen.

“So your Ms Moretti’s partner are you ready for parenthood?” The Doctor  asked turning to Lala. Francesca couldn’t help but laugh at doctor Yhi ‘s comment and the shock look on Lala’s face.

“No, Doc. I’m strictly dickly, I’m the Auntie.” Lala corrected.”Daddy has yet to be told the good news.” Francesca wiped at her unshed tear and rolled her eyes at Lala. “I haven’t quite found the right way to tell him yet Dr Yhi.

“Francesca, time is of the essence before you know it  the baby will be here. So you must tell the father and remember to take your vitamins.”  Francesca watched as the doctor stood pulling the printed images of her ultra sound from the machine and handed them to her. “ You can show the father his developing baby and I hope to see both of you next month.” Francesca watch as the doctor quickly washed and dried his hands before walking out the door. Rising from the table Francesca  wiped the remainder of gel from belly and began to dress.

“So when are you going to tell Angelo he’s going to be a papa?”

“I haven’t decided.”

“French, this hot little body you have here is going to start to keep your secret for long.”

“Don’t you think I realize this.” Francesca turned looking at her friend “.It’s not easy telling a guy you just pushed away.  Yo! Angelo, dude where gonna have a baby. “

Lala slid her arm over her shoulder. “I think that was perfect. It had that Rocky appeal.”

“This is not funny La. He’s going to snap.”

“Look at it this way French. He got his wish. He took off that condom and wanted you prego . Well  wala. Baby Binochi.”

“You don’t know what this means. My mother, his mother their both crazy my poor baby.”

“That baby will have them two she wolves wrapped around his or her finger.”

“It’s a her.” Francesca stated.

“It could be a boy.”

“But it’s not so close your lips.” Francesca stood straightening her clothes.

“Where did you tell Giana you were going?”