Chapter Thirteen

Thanks to all my loyal followers, sorry it’s taken so long. Frenchy and Angelo are back, along with their crazy families and friends. Hope you enjoy and please excuse those grammatical errors.  MarcyN

Copyright © MarcyN 2013      

Angelo watched as the garage door lifted allowing him entrance into  his  home a renovated factory he had brought when he was twenty- four after making his first million.  The garage housed his red hot 67 Corvette and his custom Harley Davison motor cycle.  Pulling into the garage he wasn’t   surprised to see his father’s black BMW occupying his usual parking spot of his Mercedes. Parking next to  his father  car Angelo got out and  headed to the elevator that he  rode up  to his loft.  Sliding back iron gate he opened   the door and found his father had made his self at home sitting in his favorite reclining chair with his feet up watching Star Trek on his 70 inch flat screen TV the surround sound booming like in the movies. The fragrant smell of fresh lunchmeat onions and tomatoes on the hoagie his father was eating  caused his stomach to growl loudly and reminded him he had not eaten in almost two days.

“Hey pops.” Angelo sat in the matching leather chair next to his father.

“Hey son, how is everything going?”

“It’s ok.” Angelo watched his dad lay his sandwich down as his stomach growled loudly again.

“So did you talk to Francesca?” Vinny turned looking at his son. “And don’t think about touching my sandwich.”

 Angelo looked innocently at his father knowing that had been his very thought to grab half of  his pop’s sandwich. “Yeah, that’s where I am coming from and you would deny your only son nourishment. Knowing what I’ve been through?”

“Yeah I would deny you my sandwich. This sandwich was especially made by Telly. It’s from the 20th Street deli . I don’t share, not even with your mother.” Vinny smiled at his son taking another bite . “An, how is Francesca and my grandson?” He asked between bites.

“She’s good.”

“So what have you two decided?”

 “To live together until the baby is born.”

“Oo no you got to be shitting me. Angelo this is not going to go over well with Francesca’s parents or Cella. These people are expecting one Fat Italian Wedding.”

“Dad, their just going to have to do with having a grandchild. Hey can I at least get a bite…I’m hungry?”Angelo reached for a chip for which his father gave his a hand   a hard slap.

“ No ! I’m hungry too. Look in the frige, I brought you one.”

Angelo shot from the chair heading to the kitchen. “Thanks dad I knew you loved me.”

“Don’t thank me, you owe me big time, I had to convince Cella to let me talk to you first. The woman has lost her marbels not to say that she ever had them. She’s on a cooking  strike all she does is rant and rave about you and Francesca on the phone to your sister’s all at once.  Shit I had to pretend to go golfing to escape the constant chatter this morning and go to the diner for breakfast.”

“Sorry pop.”

“She’s not the only one Sal wants to put you in cement shoes and drop you into the Schkull River and I can’t blame him she’s his daughter. The difference between us is that you would already been gone if it were my daughter.”

“I’ll apologize to them dad.” Angelo took a  deep breath sitting back down.

“Yes the hell you will and to Francesca again in front of them. This will eliminate the bad blood.”