06

Anakin and Ruwee went to walk, and I stayed with everyone else to clean. "How come you never told us about him?" Sola asks.

"What? He's just a boy." Padmé replies and I listen in as I clean the dishes.

"Have you seen the way he looks at you?" She asks.

"Sola-stop it!"

Yeah Sola, I already have low confidence.

"It's obvious he has feelings for you. Are you saying, little baby sister, you haven't noticed?" She asks.

"I'm not your baby sister. Anakin and I's relationship is strictly professional." Padmé says.

Yeah it better be.

"I think you're just too afraid to admit it." Sola says and I finish my last dish and turn off the sink.

"I'm gonna get changed and then go outside so.....ill see you later." I say and walk out.

I put my suitcase in my room and open it. I find my black skater skirt and black crop top to match, then I get my black converse and walk out the door.

I look out at the sun as I go down the hill towards the meadow. I've always loved Padmé's house. It was like a teleport house.

In the front you got to see a beautiful city, but in the back was an even more beautiful meadow.

I was finally down, and my skirt gently drifted across the tall grass. I looked down at my feet as I walked.

I loved Naboo. I don't think Padmé understands how lucky she is to have a family who cares so much, a place to live, which actually has grass and trees. The beautiful clothes, a nice big room, living room, kitchen, and she even has a hallway, which we didn't have.

I sigh and sit down on the grass and think about what they were saying.

They're probably right. He does love her. The way his eyes sparkle when she smiles. The way he talks around her is different. The way he stands is different. I wouldn't blame him. Padmé is a nice girl, and she's beautiful.

And then there's me. The complete opposite.

"Mind if I sit?" Someone asks, and I look up to see Anakin. I nodded and he sat beside me.

"What are you thinking about?" He asks. I sigh.

"I don't know. I guess about how lucky Padmé is to live in an environment like this." I say, and he nods.

"I wouldn't want to leave if I lived here." He replies and I nod.

"Are you okay? I sense sadness in you." He asks.

No I'm not okay. I want you to see that I love you. When I told you before you left that I loved you, I meant it as a real love. You've never left my mind since the day you left, and it hurts to see we are drifting apart. I want to save our relationship, but someone is in the way. Please, help me Anakin.

"I'm fine. Just tired of this war." I lie.

"Me too. I don't understand why people can't just agree to disagree."

"My thoughts exactly. It's stupid. No one is winning, and no one will win. They're like children, trying to see who can have the better weapons, better soldiers, or who can kill the most people. I don't see why that matters." I say and he nods.

We are quiet as we listen to the birds chirp.

"Seriously, though. I really did miss you." He says and I finally look at him.

It hurt. It hurt so much to look at him. His blue eyes were dull when he looked me. His posture was horrible. He talks normally to me.

I'm not special.