Chapter 24

*Spencer's POV*

That night we all go over to Hanna's to stay. Caleb is staying at a friends but the girls won't tell me who and I don't know why.

We are all spread out on Hanna's living room floor with blankets everywhere. We all decided to watch 'The Martian'. Well when I say we all decided to watch 'The Martian' I mean, I decided to watch it.

"Did he really make potatoes out of his own crap?" Hanna asks, disgust clear on her face.

"Yeah, it's so cool how he can do that. There is no oxygen on Mars and he didn't have any potato seeds. It's pure genius," I say enthusiastically.

"It's pure gross," Aria whines. "And boring," she laughs.

"Well what do you want to do?"

Hanna looks at the clock on her wall and then looks at the others. "I think it's time to take a walk," Hanna smirks.

"Why?" I ask confused. I really don't want to go a walk in the cold.

"Just come with us," Aria says, handing me my shoes.

*Toby's POV*

"Im nervous, man. She probably still hates me," I panic, running a hand through my hair in distress.

"You'll be fine Toby. She loves you," Caleb reminds me.

"Okay," I sigh. "I can do this,"

"Yes you can, but first, we need to go find Yvonne and Alex." Darren smirks as he walks up beside me.

*Spencer's POV*

The girls and I have been walking for about half and hour when Emily gets a phone call. She goes off to the side so we can't hear what she's saying before she comes back.

"Guys, that was my mom. Would you mind if we went to the store and got her a few thing?" She asks. We all agree and continue down the street to the supermarket.

"So, what does your mom need?" I ask when we enter the store.

"Nothing," Emily smirks. I've never been so confused in my life.

"But she was on the phone to you....."

"That wasn't my mom," before I can ask another question we appear at the famous aisle.

Standing in the middle of the aisle is Toby. He has his back towards me. I turn to walk away but the girls stop me and push me forward.

When I reach Toby he turns around, a charming smile playing in his lips.

"What's happening here?" I whisper.

"Come with me," he takes my hand in his and we walk the opposite way from the girls.

He has my hand held tight in his as we walk out of the supermarket. His long black coat makes him look so much more handsome and his hair looks like it's just been cut.

"What's happening Toby?" I asks again as we walk down the street.

He stops in the middle of the path and faces me. His crystal blue eyes piercing into mine.

"Do you trust me?"

"Yes," I reply. His lips curve up into a smile before he leads me down the street again.

I start to recognise where we are. This is the street Toby and I had walked down when he first met. He had walked me home.

We then cross the road into the park where we pass the swings he asked me out on. The bench we have sat on many times to watch Lily play.

That's when I realise what's happening.

Next, he takes me to the elementary school where I work.

We walk in and to the class I had taught Lily in when she was in first grade.

He sits me down on a chair and stands in front of me.

"Spencer. I'm about to tell you something and I can't be interrupted," he explains.

"Okay," I whisper. He takes both my hands in his.

The room is dimly lit so I can't see much.

"The first time I saw you, we were in the supermarket. We already had something in common, we liked milk. You were the most beautiful girl I had ever met but I thought we were never going to see each other again. Fate must have been on our side though because we did meet again. I walked you home while Lily was at her club." I listen contently as his sweet words make my heart flutter. "Then I finally found out you were my daughters teacher. In this very room as well," he smirks. I laugh a little at him.

"Spence, you mean the whole world to me. I would never do anything to hurt you. Yvonne and Alex had decided they would try to split us up. They planned the whole thing. I would do anything to see you happy, anything, and I know you are far to good for me and well out of my league but I love you. I love you to the moon and back and our journey is so unique. So I would like to ask you a question. Just a simple yes or no," he breathes. I didn't even realise I had been crying until a tear lands on my lap. His speech was incredible.

Toby slowly kneels down on one knee as I sniffle and wipe the tears from under my eyes. He pulls out a small black box and opens it slowly to reveal the most beautiful ring I've ever saw.

"Spencer Jill Hastings, will you marry me?"

"Yes!" I cheer, jumping into his arms and crashing my lips onto his.

We pull apart quickly and he slides the ring onto my finger. It's a perfect fit.

We just stare at each other, smiling like the Cheshire Cat before I kiss him again.

It feels like such a relief that his lips are on mine. I've missed them so much. The kiss is full of Love, passion and lust. I finally feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders.

Before the kiss gets to heated I hear cheers coming into the room and the lights switch on.

When I look over to the door the three girls, Caleb, Ezra, my mom and dad, Darren and his wife and kid, Melissa and Mark are all standing.

"You did this?" I ask, looking up to Toby.

"Only for you," he whispers, planting a soft kiss on my lips quickly before welcoming them all in, Toby's arm still around me.

Lily comes running through the crowd of people and jumps into her fathers arms.

"I have a new mommy," Lily cheers. Just hearing her say those five words makes my heart melt.

"Yes you do," Toby smiles, giving me a kiss in the forehead. "We are a family now,"

"I love you," I whisper up to him.

"I love you more," he smiles.

"No you do not!" I defend.

"Let's talk about this later," he chuckles. He takes my hand in his, still holding Lily up on his hip.

I finally feel happy.

•••

How cute was that! They had planned the whole thing!!

This is the last chapter of this book but you still have the epilogue to look forward to next weekend.

You will also find out what happened to Yvonne and Alex.

I would like to say a huge thank you to all my readers! You are all amazing.

The people who like my chapters are incredible.

But a special thanks goes to those who comment on most chapters. You know who you are. You all seem to make me laugh at you theories and you are all very creative.

Thank you for reading and what would you like me to do next??

Please like and comment ~ Emma xx:)