Love hurts

Myles'POV

   I can't believe what happend yesterday, I felt so bad and now Emma thinks she's my girlfriend, I mean she's a nice girl and we really hit it off but I don't know, girlfriend seems too much. I don't know what to do now.

Briar's POV

   Last night was incredible, Chad kissed me and Myles even has a girlfriend, it bothers me a little because maybe we won't get to spend as much time together but as long as he's happy I'm happy, I really like Myles and I wouldn't want him to get hurt, I just hope Emma treats him well. Chad and I were going to meet up again today in the afternoon at the park I got ready and prepared to leave. "You're leaving?" Myles asked as I was about to open the door. "Yeah I have to meet up with Chad" I replied. "Oh okay, well do you know if Emma will be there?" He asked, "I don't know want me to text Chad?" I asked "Yes please" he replied. 

   I texted Chad and he said that he was going to call her so she could have a date with Myles at the park, as long as the don't hang out with us. I found that a little bit harsh since she's his cousin and he's my best friend but I also wanted to be alone with Chad a little. "He said that she will meet you at the park in about 10 minutes, want to go now?" I asked. I was supposed to meet with Chad in twenty minutes but I thought that walking with Myles would be fun.

Myles'POV

   I didn't really want to go on a date with Emma but I wanted to be with Briar, I think that the best part of this date will be me walking with Briar to the park. "So is everything good with Emma? Do you like her?" Briar asked "Yeah she's cool, how about you and Chad?" I asked. "I really like him, he's amazing" She replied, yeah amazing, I think my socks are more amazing then him. "I just hope he doesn't hurt you" I said. "I don't think he will he's like the best boyfriend ever" she said, yeah right, I think I would make a better boyfriend then that carrot stick. (The carrot stick part is gonna make a reader extremely angry, sorry, love you :P) As we arrive at the park I see Emma waiting for me "sure you don't want me to stay here until Chad arrives?" I ask. "Yeah I'm sure, go and have fun" she says hugging me. I walk over to Emma and give one final glance at Briar, she was really beautiful I wished that my date was with her and not Emma.

Briar's POV

   I'm supposed to meet with Chad five minutes from now but since I was earl I decided to take a little walk, it was a beautiful day and I was really happy, that was until I saw Chad making out with the girl who sells popcorn at the park. I was hurt and tears started crawling down my cheeks, How could he? I walked up to him and tapped his shoulder. "You're such a phony!" I yelled as I slapped him. "Excuse me but who are you to talk to my boyfriend like that?" The girl asked. "Who am I, I was his girlfriend like about 3 seconds ago." "Was?!" Chad asked. "Yeah as in not anymore" I said. "Well I don't care if he has another girlfriend he's cute" the girl said as she grabbed his chin and started kissing him again. 

   I started crying and ran away, Chad came after me but I told him to go away, I couldn't believe he did that to me. I went looking for Myles but as I found him I saw him kissing Emma which hurt even more, why does love hurt so much? I ran past Myles and Emma and hid behind a tree and with my face between my knees I cried.

Myles'POV

   As I was talking to Emma she suddenly kisses me out of nowhere, I'm not going to say I didn't enjoy it but as she was kissing me I saw Briar run past me and I could swear she was crying and I promise if Chad did something to her he's gonna pay. "I'm sorry Emma but there's something I have to do, wait here" I said as I kissed her forehead, I was starting to really like Emma but Briar was my best friend and she was more important to me then her. I ran looking for Briar and I saw her sobbing underneath a tree. 

   "Bri what's wrong?" I asked as I sat besides her. "Aren't you too busy with Emma?" She said in between sobs. I put my arm around her and pulled her closer to me. "I'm never too busy for you Bri, tell me what's wrong" I asked. "I saw Chad kissing the girl who sells popcorn at the park, when I confronted him the girl told me she was his girlfriend so I broke up with him and the girl kissed him again, he came looking for me but I hid so he wouldn't find me, when I came to talk to you I saw you making out with Emma so I came here on my own" she said. How dare he break Briar's heart like that?! Briar is the most precious and beautiful girl I have ever met how dare he do that to her? "Briar you should have still told me, no one is more important to me then you are...In fact" I said as I got up.

   "Where are you going?" She asked. "You'll see" I said as I stormed off. Briar came after me and I saw Chad still kissing the popcorn vendor. Does he have no shame? I grabbed him from his stupid collared shirt and lifted him up with all my strength. "How dare you hurt Briar?" I asked. "It's not my fault she came too early for our date" he said with a girn. I slammed him to a tree and the girl by the popcorn stall tried to hit me to let him go. "You messed with the wrong girl, I'd protect Briar with my life so watch your back" I said as I let him go. "Let's go Bri" I said. "You'll pay for this!" Chad yelled out. "No you'll pay!" I said as I stormed out with Briar in my hands. "You didn't have to carry me" she said smiling. "No, but I did have to make you smile" I replied. 

Briar's POV

   It was so sweet of Myles saying that he'll protect me, I just wish I had listened to him when he told me that Chad would hurt me, I just feel so broken but it makes me feel safe knowing that Myles will always be there for me, for a moment I even wished Myles was my boyfriend, but I guess that will never happen since he's dating Emma, I'm just glad to have a friend like him

N/A: Hey guys I hope you are enjoying my book so far, I wanted to let you know that I am writing a trittany fan fic called a summer like no other, I made some adjustments to the previous version of the book to make it better so feel free to check it out and I hope that you like my book, feel free to comment any ideas you might have and I will make sure to add them all and give you credit, thanks for the support and promise I'll update soon