Till Death ₪ XXX

Chris

"Wake up daddy ." Mijo said coming in the room in the morning

"I'm not sleep man ."

Brielle been coming home everyday smiling, things must be going really good at the studio . She told me somebody came in and sat in on her class yesterday, usually she'll only let people interested in the class sit and watch but she had a good feeling about this guy who came in . Sounds like he was a scout looking for talent, I remember those days .

"Why you still in bed ?" he said climbing up

"I don't feel good ."

"Why ?"

"Cause I'm kind of sad ."

"Why you sad ?"

"Cause you didn't come in here sooner to talk to me ."

"I'm here now daddy ."

"Mijo, do you know how happy you make me ?"

"No ."

"You're such a big boy and you make me feel so proud of myself that for once I got something right ."

"What do you mean daddy ?"

"Your daddy is a failure ."

"Don't say that daddy, no you not . You the best daddy in the whole wide world ."

"I might be the best daddy but I'm a bad man ."

"Like the Joker daddy ?"

"In a way, the Joker does things he thinks is right but it's usually all bad and everybody thinks he's bad . He always tries and tries to his way but it never works, cause Batman always stops him ."

"Is mommy Batman ?"

I smiled "No, this doesn't have anything to do with mommy . Don't ever give up on your dreams, what do you want to be when you grow up ?"

"Like you daddy ."

"No Mijo, I don't want you to be like me didn't you just here me say I'm a failure ?"

"You have money and cars daddy, you're not a failure ."

"Those are material things, they mean nothing . Money, clothes, and women mean nothing if people can't appreciate the things you do to get them . You need a solid women like mommy to keep your mind right and who only wants you for you ."

"She doesn't want you ?"

I smiled "She'll always want me ."

"Then what's the problem ?"

"Nothing ."

"Why you a failure then daddy ?"

""Cause daddy sometimes acts out of anger and it gets me into trouble, sometimes people like to lie on me and get me in trouble too . I can't win, only thing I can claim I did good on was you and the rest of your brothers and sister . You always know how to make daddy feel better ."

"Mommy says the same thing about me ."

"Cause it's true, you are my number one soldier . You the smartest and bravest four year old I know, you talk to me like you're grown . Seeing you get older scares me because I can't always protect you from mean people, when you mess up sometimes you have to live for it forever . I can't even help you sometimes when you do cause you have to learn from it on your own . Screw what I said before about you being a man, you be little Mijo for as long as you can cause when you get older that's when everything counts ."

"Daddy . . . Men don't cry ." he said putting his hand on my cheek as a tear dropped on his hand

"I want to cry right now, these are manly tears ."

"No it's not, it's punk tears ."

"You calling your daddy a punk come here boy ." I picked him up and threw him back down on the bed tickling him

We had a full day again playing my favorite roll of daddy, I had dinner on point this time . Fettichuni Alfredo Sauce and Shrimp, with a side of Garlic Biscquits . Brielle came home and kissed everyone and ate like she ain't ever eaten before .

"Why you in a rush, the food ain't going no where ?"

"I was starving, I had a bomb ass day today babe ."

"Mommy, don't say bad words ." Josiah said

"I'm sorry baby, Chris that guy that I told you about guess who he works for ?"

"Who ?"

"Stephen Boss, a.k.a Twitch from So You Think You Can Dance . He wants me to come out to New York and be part of some of his shows out there ."

"That's great baby when you leaving ?" I said in a melancholy tone

"I told him I'll think about it, we'll talk about it later ."

"Mommy, you going to dance away ?" Ava asked

"I might baby, mommy is going to be dancing with famous people ."

"Like daddy ?" Mijo asked

"Just like daddy ."

Brielle was wore out from work and her and the kids watched a movie, I went downstairs and started drawing . When I came back up hours later she was putting the last one to bed .

"I would've put them to bed ."

"I wanted to do it, so what do you think about the New York thing ?"

"I think it's a great opportunity for you ."

"You didn't sound too happy when I told you at the dinner table ."

"I'm sorry babe I'm happy for you I am, it's just that my mind was in a different world . Why did you tell them you'll think about it ?"

"I'm not going ."

"Why ?"

"Cause you need me right now, I rather be with you ."

"Brielle, I told you I was fine go head and do this ."

"I want to be here and make sure you're okay, you've been acting different since you been home from that night in jail ."

"I'm fine baby really, I don't know what you want me to do to show it to you . Go to New York, dance with this dude, and come home ."

"You really mean it ?"

"Yes, whatever makes you happy ."

"I was hoping when I get back we can talk about this vows process, maybe you and I go away for a while and get some us time ."

"Sure thing baby, whatever you want ."

"I could probably get you a ticket if you want to come ?"

"Nah, I need my daddy time before I miss out on something ."