Chapter 25

"Who are you?!" I whisper tell, scared but also suspicious.

"That's not important" the mans voice whispers as I hear the rattle of keys.

A tall figure walks into the small room and he towers over me, I can't make out features because it's just too dark. I find myself cowering into the wall as he steps closer.

The closer he gets the more I see of his features. I know this man, no I thought I had known this man.

"Lily you need to move away from the wall of you want to be free" he says moving to pull me away.

"No!" I smack his hand hard "you left me here to die!" I kick at him.

"No I left to get you a ticket and passport." He says matter-of-factly.

"With no note or call or text?! Bullshit" I spit at him. "And you smell of liquor."

"C'mon just get up. We can fly off to America and part ways if needed. I don't care but let's go." He's in my face, his voice low.

"I don't want to go" I growl.

"You'd rather die?" He fires back.

"Then be with you? Yes" I say and turn my face away.

The silence shows that I've actually really hurt him. He deserves it. Left me to die in the first place, why care now?

"Lily I'm not leaving you behind" Harry says grabbing my arm.

I yank it away harshly, smacking it hard against the wall. I whimper softly then check my arm over.

"Harry what kind of fool do you think I am?! Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. I'm not stupid! You'll just play me again!" I whisper-yell.

"Look come with me. I give you money and you run off on your own. At least you're alive." He counters, reaching for my hand.

I sigh and give in. I grab his outstretched hand and stand up with his assistance. I hope he knows the way out because I sure as hell don't.

Harry quietly leads me down a long hallway, the opposite direction of the way I went earlier. At the end of the hallway is a heavy metal door. Harry checks around then quickly, but quietly, opens the door, he pushes me in first then follows closing it behind him.

He breathes deeply, must have been holding his breath. I don't get why people hold their breath in tough situations. I don't do it. At least I don't think I do.

The room Harry brought me to seems like another conference room. White walls, metal table, and ten chairs. On one of the far walls is a door and beside it a window but the window just shows more of the inside of the building.

"Okay" Harry breathes out. "We need to be real careful now. There are surprisingly a lot of people here and out that door is where a majority of them are" he's whispering. "Follow close behind me."

"Won't they immediately notice what we look like?"

"Let's hope not. Do you see a disguise around?" He says then slowly moves to the door.

As soon as he steps out it's definitely louder then the other portion of this place. Harry grabs a clipboard from a table trying to blend in a little more. I follow beside him keeping my head down. My heart is nearly pounding out of my chest. We could get caught any moment.