Chapter 3

Since I didn't know anyone else on campus besides the boys, that Friday I was in my room doing homework. This whole week Logan has been trying to talk to me about what he heard, but each time I manage to shut him down.

I just finished the last of my writing assignment for journalism when I heard one of the guys call me from downstairs. I changed my short sleeved shirt to a hoodie then headed down to the main floor.

I walked into the family room where they were sitting and pretended to be a royal highness, "One of your peasants called for my presence down here?"

Derek picked up on what I was doing, then as I sat down in my bean bag chair he said, "Milady, I called you down here to watch a film."

I began to jump up and down in my seat, "Yes! Movie night."

"Yeah, we figured you didn't know a lot of people yet so we decided instead of you being in your room all night, you can hang out with us," Robin said as he started up Netflix.

"Chips," Michael said before getting up and heading to the kitchen, coming back a minute later with two bowls of plain chips.

"What movie are we gonna watch?" Logan asked as Robin began flipping through movies.

"Horror, horror, horror. I say horror." I said as I reached for the controller that Robin had. Once I got it, I chose The Cabin in the Woods. I stole my own bowl of chips just as the movie started.

Just as it started to get scary, we heard my phone start ringing from upstairs which made Robin scream because it scared him. Knowing who it was, I sighed then got up and put the bowl of chips down.

"I just remembered I got some more homework to do, you guys can continue. I'll see you tomorrow," I said as I left the room, feeling Logans eyes on me. Then I headed upstairs to answer the call from my mom.

~

On Sunday, I went to the little park right beside campus at lunch, since I finished my homework. I brought my book with me and I found a spot under a tree where I can be in the shade and read. I was reading for a good hour before someone walked up to me.

"May I help you?" I looked up, glaring at whoever it was.

"Sorry for bothering you, I was just wondering why a pretty girl was sitting alone," the person said. I realized it was a boy. He had brown hair that was kept short, blue eyes with glasses, and looked pretty well built.

"Mind if I join you...?" He asked.

"Katie, but you can call me Kat and sure, you can join me," I said, moving over to give him room.

"I'm Antonio," he sat down beside me, "Do you go to school here?"

"Yes, actually. I want to become an author."

"That interesting. I want to become a doctor, so I came here to study medicine."

"Do you live on campus?" I asked, looking at him, curious to if he lived close to where I do.

"Yes actually, house number 43. What about you?"

"That's pretty close to mine. I'm number 45."

"Hey, do you want to go to the cafe? I love sitting under this tree and all but my ass is starting to get numb," he asked, blushing slightly.

I laughed and agreed, then gathered my things and walked with him to the nearest cafe.

~

It was around 6 o'clock when we decided to head back. We had talked about a lot of things, our interests and disinterests. I found out he likes to read, but also likes to tinker with cars. Also that his father works at the school, which is another reason why he came here. He likes action, superhero and comedy movies. We just got to my front door when he cleared his throat.

"Today was really fun, do you think I can get your number?" He was blushing bright red when he said this, "I mean, you don't need to. It just seemed like you enjoyed it to so-" I cut him off.

"Sure, give me your phone," I smiled as he gave me his phone, then I put my number there and sent myself a message then handed it back to him. "There you go and I did enjoy today."

"So then we can do this again?" he asked hopefully.

I blushed and laughed softly, "Definitely."

"I'll be going now, I see the curtains moving. Your roommates may be watching. Have a good night, Kat," he said before heading down to his house.

I turned in time to see the curtain close, then I opened the door to be asked questions by Derek and Robin.

"Who was he?" Robin asked.

"How'd you meet?" asked Derek.

"Were you with him all afternoon?"

Derek was silent for a moment before smirking, "Did you do it?"

"What?! No, of course not. I just met the boy, you're bad." I said before shoving past them to put my things down then head into the kitchen where the other two were.

"Hey, I do it with girls I just met so I can't judge you," he said and I turned to see Robin giving him a horrified expression.

"If she was gonna do that Derek, I think she'd do it with the person she loves. Right, Katie?" Robin said and turned to me.

"Right." I jumped onto the counter and watched them talk.

"Wait... You're a virgin?" Derek asked, surprised.

"Yes."

"How? Haven't you ever-"

"I'm gonna stop you right there," Logan said, interrupting him, "She can do what she wants."

"Thank you Logan," I said.

My phone made a noise, indicating I got a message from Antonio and all the boys stared at me.

Michael smirked and whispered, "So that's what it sounds like."

"What, what sounds like?" I asked, surprised he said something.

"For you to have a friend that messages you." The guys burst out laughing and I couldn't help but join in because he was right, the only thing my phone usually rings for is calls from my mom.

After we finished laughing, I asked them, "So what's for dinner?"