Chapter 8

Hey guys! Thank you so much for reading this book, only 7 chapters so far and it already has 230 reads! To me that is a lot so thank you so much. It's already more than my other book has when I finished it. Oh, I made a tumblr with "scaremetohell" where I will post every time I update as well as other things, so follow if you want. Once again, thank you for reading this book I really appreciate it.

~V

~

I sat in one of the uncomfortable chairs in the little room they had put Michael in. I looked at the clock to see it's only a little past 9:30 pm. Sighing, I got up to go get a snack from the little coffee shop down the hall.

I sent the other three and Antonio home, knowing the boys had things to do and Antonio needed to study. This meant I was all alone with an unconscious roommate.

After getting my cookie from the lady, I headed back to the room when I felt my phone vibrating, I took it out of my pocket and answered.

"Hello?"

"Hey Kat, today was fun right?" Antonio's voice came into my ear as I entered the room.

"Yeah, it was. I'm sorry again that I had to cut it short," I said munching on my cookie, "I really wanted to continue our date."

"Maybe we can hang out again Friday night? Just to chill out at your house or something?"

I remember the boys saying they were going out that night, "I think that should be fine."

"Awesome!"

I sit back down in the chair only to see Michael with his eyes open and looking at me with confused eyes.

"Antonio, I'll call you back." I hung up and put it away in my pocket.

"Michael, how are you feeling?" I asked, though when he heard the name 'Antonio,' his face hardened.

"Fine."

"Do you remember what happened?" I got up and grabbed him a cup of water that was on the table beside him.  He grabbed it with the arm that wasn't broken and drank.

"Yeah... The guys went to grab food... A car came..." He said, pausing to stop and recall each time.

Placing the cup on the little table, he tried to get up, which was hard when one leg and arm are in casts. I immediately pushed him back down with my hands on his chest to keep him pinned.

"Really? You know I'm stronger right?" He said with a smirk.

"Yes, but at the moment you can only use one arm."

"But I can still keep you pinned down."

"Oh yeah? Prove-" I started but stopped when I was cut off guard when he wrapped his good arm around me and pulled me down against him. I was now against his chest, half on him and half on the bed and his arm is keeping me pinned.

"See, I proved it." He said with a smirk while looking down at me.

"Okay, now let me go." I tried to push up away from him but his arm held me down.

"I don't think I will."

"Why not?"

"Because I-" he was cut off when a nurse came in. She saw us and started blushing and stuttering.

"I-I-I'm sorry for i-interrupting. I need to see how he is."

Noticing his grip had loosened, I used the opportunity to get away from him. He pouted but didn't say anything.

When she started to get to work on checking up on him, I excused myself and left the room. 

I was walking around the hospital now for 10 minutes, I reached a corridor that had huge windows covering one wall. I walked up close and looked at the moon and stars.

"It's a beautiful night." I heard a soft voice behind me to see an old lady; she was shorter than me, with her  grey hair in a bun and she was using a walker.

I smiled softly at her then looked back to the moon, "It is."

"It reminds me of happy memories, seeing a full moon surrounded by stars."

"It does?" I asked, a little curious.

She looked at me with a happy expression, "When I was your age, me and my husband went on our first date on a night like this. I remember like it was yesterday."

"Where is he, if you don't mind me asking."

"In his room, he had a heart failure this afternoon."

"I'm sorry."

"Sweetie, take advice from an old bird. When you find the person you love, hold onto them tight. Spend as much time as you can with them and always love them. That's how you live a happy life." She was saying, a few tears rolling down her face. 

I smiled sadly and took the advice to heart, "How about I walk you back?"

"I would appreciate that, I sometimes get lost in this place."

I walked her back to the room her husband was in, chatting with her along the way. Then I headed back to Michaels room, where he was asleep again. 

I went back to the chair and began to fall asleep, I was tired from the days events. I mumbled a 'Good night' to Michael and fell asleep.