Kassandra Ch.9

A/N: Since this is fanfiction let's pretend that the White Ash Dagger will work on Klaus for up to three days at a time.

Kassandra Ch.9: FYI

"Wait, let me get this straight." Jeremy looked Elijah in the eyes. It was complete brown on brown. "After I, er, woke you up you went to Damon and Stefan's house and gave Damon a necklace that he had given Kassandra when she was still human. Then you went back and pulled the knife out of your brother and sisters." He sighed. "Did I miss anything?"

"Yes." A girl with hair and eyes that matched Elijah's piped up. She was dressed from the early 1900s "Our names. We do have them you realize." She thrust her hand forward. "I am Hope."

Jeremy reached for her hand. Hope looked so sweet and innocent and... well, young. She couldn't be any older than twelve. "I'm Jeremy."

Hope smiled showing adorable dimples that were similar to her older brother Klaus's. "Hello Jeremy."

"Oh, come on Hope. You need to quit being so nice." An older woman spoke this time. She was the polar opposite of Hope. Tall, blonde, and older. "It shouldn't matter to him what our names are!" She shot a look at Jeremy. "Mine is Rebekah by the way. And this is Joshua." Rebekah ruffled a young boys hair. He looked a little older than Hope.

Elijah made a dispproving noise. "Play nice Bekah."

Hope stuck out her tongue. "Yeah, Bekah, play nice."

Joshua shoved his younger sister in annoyance. "Why don't you play nice? Better yet why doesn't Eli just shove that knife back in you so we won't have to put up with you, you little pest!" Joshua and Hope began fighting. Really fighting. Punching and kicking at each other as hard as they could.

Elijah pried them apart. "Behave! Both of you! Joshua don't talk to Hope like that and Hope don't listen to Joshua! The pair of you are acting like little children."

"But Eli," Joshua feigned perfect innocence. "We are children."

Elijah gave the younger boy a hard look. "That excuse wore out in the 1400s."

Jeremy's head was spinning. How old were these vampires exactly? He didn't have the nerve to ask. "Why don't we talk about this in the living room. Come on in." He shared an apprehensive look with Elena.

"What's your plan Elijah?" Elena followed him into the living room.

"Have a seat and I will explain it all to you."

Meanwhile at the Mystic Grill, Klaus was pining away for Kassandra. He wasn't usually one to wish for something he didn't have.He would just go out and get it normally. What was to stop him from doing it? A conscious? That disappeared when he thought Kass had died. Klaus took a long sip of his alcoholic beverage appropriately named a Bloody Mary. The day Kassandra had died was the worst of his long existence. The memory was still burned in the back of his mind...

"NO!!" Klaus's heartbroken scream rang out in the field as Kassandra's body crumpled in front of him. He looked up to see Mikael staring unbelievably at the dagger her held. It was soaked in her blood. Stained crimson forever. Klaus moved to rip out the heart of his 'father'. But something was holding him back.

"Elijah, let me go."

"No-"

"Klaus." He turned at the sound of his name. Kassandra was not even two steps away from him. 

"Hello love." Klaus swiveled around back to the bar. He felt Kassandra sit beside him and put her hand on his shoulder. He placed his on top of her's and shut his eyes. "You haven't been listening to me I see."

"About what?" Kassandra's mouth was right next to Klaus's ear. She nipped at it playfully. "Damon?"

Klaus slammed down his drink. "Yes Damon. Damn it Kass! Why don't you ever listen to me when I tell you to do something?" He didn't have to make his voice loud for it to be menacing.

"There's nothing wrong with Damon and I being friends." Kassandra placed her forehead on top of their hands.

"Yes there is!" Klaus shrugged his left shoulder making Kassandra's head go back up. He took his hand off of her's and gently stroked her cheek with his thumb. The look in her eyes betrayed all of her inner most feelings. There was confusion, anger, and pure love in those eyes of hers. "You honestly don't remember do you?"

She pulled his hand away and placed it on her thigh. "Remember what?"

Klaus did his best to conceal his enjoyment. "It isn't important." He got up and walked away from the bar expecting Kassandra to follow. She did so willingly. He stopped abruptly and spun around. Klaus picked up Kassandra bridal style. "So, where shall we go now? Paris? Rome? We're leaving this town."

Kassandra's eyes lit up. "Really! What about Stefan though?"

"I compelled him to wait for me in California." He kissed her forehead. "I think we should go back Home myself." Klaus began walking to a random car. He could always bring it back at another point in time.

"Elijah. now!" Kassandra shouted into the darkness. Elijah flipped Kassandra out of Klaus's arms and aimed a stab at his brother's chest. Klaus didn't have time to react fast enough.

"Nice work Elena. Thank you." Elijah picked up the Hybrid's body and slung it over his shoulder with ease. "FYI, you are far from finished." He added as an after thought.