Kassandra Ch.4

Kassandra Ch.4: Farid

Klaus stared down at Elena’s unmoving body. Hopefully, she was truly dead this time. Dead. Kassandra was supposed to be dead. But she wasn’t. She was with Damon Salvatore. A pang went through his heart. Was this what betrayal felt like? 

Kassandra might not remember Damon quite yet, but Klaus did. Before Damon Salvatore was even born, a young slave named Farid worked for Klaus and Kassandra’s family. Farid was the only person Klaus had to fight for the affection of a younger more innocent Kassandra. Now Farid was back in the form of Damon Salvatore. That only meant one thing for Klaus. He would need to take care of Damon. Or Farid. However you wished to see it.

“Such a long to do list. And I thought creating my own super breed would be less complicated than this.” Klaus nudged Elena with the toe of his shoe. “But you wouldn’t let sleeping dogs lie would you little Doppelganger? You had to find my love”

He went over to the living room and sat on the couch. Klaus shut his eyes stretching out his long body. He wanted to remember things. To be transported back to a time where there were far less complications.

Rain was pounding outside Klaus and Kassandra’s little bubble of happiness. They were ignoring it though. Nothing mattered but Kassandra lying in Klaus’s arms. The feeling of her body fitting perfectly into his.

“We will be together always.” Klaus whispered to Kassandra who giggled.

“You promise?”

Klaus smiled and kissed her head. “Naturally.”

A different memory crops up.

Kassandra skipped back and forth from Klaus to Elijah. “When is Papa returning?”

Elijah rolled his eyes. “Soon. Papa will be home soon Sister.” He ruffled her hair. “Happy birthday by the way.”

Kassandra giggled. “Thank you Elijah!” She kissed her older half brother on the cheek.” Elijah nodded and left with a goodnight to his two siblings.

Klaus pulled Kassandra close to him. He kissed her gently on the lips. “Yes. Happy birthday Kassandra.”

Kassandra smiled in to the kiss. “It is your birthday also Klaus. You’re seventeenth.”

“Our seventeenth.” Klaus corrected. He tugged on her dress slipping it off her body. By no means did Kass have a perfect body, but it was perfect to Klaus. Not too curvy, but not too straight. Just right for him.

That was the first night they made love.

Meanwhile, Damon was struggling with inner demons of his own. There was a part of him that somehow knew Kassandra. He just couldn’t figure out how or why. It was annoying the hell out of him. His memory was always perfect. This was not acceptable for Damon. It was like there was a part of his brain that was all fuzzy and blacked-out. The block had always been there but it was never this prominent.

Damon’s head began spinning as he pulled on his clothes. It was right there. The answer to it all. Dancing seductively out of his reach. It infuriated him to no end. As he walked out of the hotel he thought about going after Kassandra. He decided against it though. If Kassandra wanted him she could figure out where to find him. Damon didn’t go out of his way to make himself unknown. He enjoyed the fact that everyone at least knew of him.

With a sense of menacing apprehension, Damon made his way back to the boarding house. He felt like he was trapped in a game of hide-and-go-seek. Somehow, in the end, the prize would be Kassandra.