Kassandra Ch.5

Kassandra Ch.5: Liar

Kassandra looked around the empty house carefully. She could still sense Klaus, but she didn’t want to confront him. She didn’t want a face-to-face meeting with him. Instead of going further in the house, she sent a reassuring message to Klaus using their twin telepathy. 

I’m not going anywhere, Klaus. I am here when you wish to talk about all of this.

There was a shift in the wind and Klaus was standing beside her.

I wish to talk now. His mind whispered, wrapping her in the smooth silk of Klaus’s familiar voice. Tell me one thing Kassandra. Why? Why did you let me think you were dead? I admit it was a very good show of your nearly unbearable selflessness… but why? You know I’m not worthy of anything you do.

Kassandra shrugged. “Klaus, I thought you would be better without me. I see now how wrong I was but you were turning in to a monster. You were obsessed with breaking the curse that was placed on us!”

Klaus made a dismissive gesture and turned to walk away. Kassandra pulled on his arm. Wait! She demanded. Klaus paused mid stride. Her mind voice had been so powerful and commanding.

Yes? He began tapping his foot impatiently.

Oh, stop it Nicklaus! You aren’t this.

This what?

This…Kassandra’s face puckered in concentration while she searched for the right word. This jerk! What happened to the Klaus I knew when we were human?

He grew up Kassandra. And he suggests that you do the same. I’ll be going now.

Wait! She threw her arms around his neck.

This is becoming quite tedious Kassan- She pressed her soft lips to Klaus’s reveling in the familiarity of their lips moving in exact synchronization. Kassandra opened her mouth allowing Klaus entry. He gently massaged her tongue with his own happily ignoring the tears falling freely from Kassandra’s eyes. The two broke off gasping for breath.

Klaus pressed his forehead to Kassandra’s and wiped away her tears. Oh, my love. My lovely little love. Do you think kissing me will make it all better? Do you think it will change anything?

No. But I tried.

Yes, you did Kassandra. And you are foolish for it. It doesn’t change the fact that you lied, and schemed, and let me believe you were dead. You have completely changed my feelings for you.

Kassandra gasped. Liar! 

Maybe so. Klaus pushed Kassandra away. Will you do one thing for me Kassandra? Stay away from Damon. He will only use you.

Kassandra smirked. You sound like Edward Cullen telling Bella Swan to stay away from Jacob Black. He’s no good; he’s dangerous, blah, blah, and blah. She watched as Klaus’s eyes went wide, then narrowed.

You’ve read them too. Klaus picked Kassandra up and moved her out of his way. From the lawn he said, “I mean it. Stay away from Damon.” 

“Why?” Kassandra placed her hands on her slender hips.

“I have my reasons. My own selfish reasons.”

As Kassandra watched Klaus leave anger and resentment bubbled in her. How dare Klaus tell her whom to associate with! How dare he make her feel like and idiot! Above all, how dare he say those horrible lies! The lies about his feelings changing. Kassandra always knew Klaus lied about anything and everything, but he never lied to her. And it hurt that he had.