Chapter 7

'Royal Babymoon in Mustique: All the Details!'

'Sounds like a babymoon for the ages! As sources confirmed to Us Weekly on Tuesday (March 10), pregnant Kate Middleton and Jackie Baker and their husbands Prince William and Prince Harry have set off for the luxe Caribbean island of Mustique for a lush tropical getaway.'

'Duchess Kate Middleton, 31, Prince William, 30, Duchess Jackie Baker, 29, and Prince Harry, 28, spent time in Mustique back in January 2012 -- and this year, with both couples expecting a baby, the royals are pulling out all the stops for their vacation. A source tells Us that the couples are ensconced in a stunning, five-bedroom villa with incredible views of the ocean and the neighboring Grenadine islands.'

'Renting for 25,000 USDs a week, the villa is decorated with Balinese antiques and artwork, and surrounds a tranquil pond and tropical gardens. Outside, the expectant parents can soak in a 64-foot swimming pool and lounge on a sun deck and gazebos and dine al fresco on a dining patio. Each bedroom features a dressing room, en-suite bathrooms and private verandas.'

'Catering to the Dukes and Duchesses on the premises is a six-person staff, including a butler and chef. To get elsewhere on the island -- for treatments at the Cotton House Resort and Spa and cocktails (for William and Harry!) at Basil's Bar -- the foursome have two golf buggies at their disposal.'

'"Kate and Jackie really wanted to get away one last time before the babies are born," an insider told Us Magazine. "They have been best friends for as long as they can remember, and thought it would be fun to have one last trip before everything changes."'

'The "Babymoon" is sure to be a wonderful time for the couples, who are incredibly close. They will enjoy some private time away from the cameras before they all become parents, reportedly within one week of each other, as both Duchesses are said to have due dates in late-July/early-August.'

---

"Jackie, you coming?"

Jackie looked up from her phone, locking the screen. "Of course!" She sat up from the luxurious lounge chair in the villa to follow Kate.

The women climbed into one of the golf buggies that came along with the impressive villa they had rented out for the week- as the article stated, Jackie, Harry, Kate, and Will had decided to enjoy a "babymoon" together on the exclusive island of Mustique. The Caribbean island was a short 8 hour flight away from Kensington Palace, but felt like a whole other world. The royals were able to take walks on the sandy paths of the island, shopping in local stores, and even sunbathing by the pool without being hounded by the paparazzi, only exchanging friendly waves with the sparse amount of fellow vacationers.

Kate drove the buggy down the winding path to The Cotton House, the resort on the island. The villa that they were staying in was a short ride away from the beautiful resort, offering the privacy and seclusion from other vacationers as well as the entertainment at The Cotton House. The royals drove up nearly every night for dinner and music, where they were treated like any other guest.

Jackie waved to a gardner trimming at a hibiscus bush as Kate pulled the buggy to a stop outside of The Cotton House. The women climbed the steps into the beautiful resort, passing by other guests with smiles. They entered the bar where two handsome men stood, drinks in hand.

"What are you having?" Jackie asked, putting an arm around her husband's waist.

"Beer," Harry said. "I got you a water with lemon."

Jackie smiled. "Thank you."

"How was golfing?" Kate asked from where she stood tucked under William's arm.

"It was great. I won- of course," Will said with a teasing look at Harry.

"It's because he cheats," Harry shot back.

Jackie and Kate shook their heads in unison. "Jackie-" said Kate. "Have you found a gown to wear to the state dinner?"

"Yes, I found a great red one- it's sleeveless, and sort of tight, so I'll look extra pregnant."

"The paps love a good pregnant belly," Kate noted, taking a sip of her water.

"Speaking of pregnant bellies, what did Granny say when you told her you weren't going to find out the sex?" Jackie asked.

Kate and Will exchanged a glance. "She wasn't very pleased. She gave us a lecture about the importance of planning for the future of the monarchy, but Will reminded her that we are also thinking about the future of our family, and that it's really important to use that we are surprised."

Jackie nodded. "So she understands?"

"I wouldn't say she understands," Will said with a laugh. "But she's not going to force us."

"What about you two? Have you told her yet?" Kate asked.

Jackie and Harry shook their heads. "I don't want to bring it up unless she asks," Jackie said. She thought back to the letter the Queen had sent her the previous week, a sort of passive aggressive reminder that she stick to the outdated royal protocol. Though the letter had given her the sudden urge to break it in every way possible, she didn't want to draw any of the Queen's scrutinizing attention to herself by announcing that the sex of the 5th in line to the throne would be a secret.

Kate turned to Harry. "Harry, what do you think the baby's going to be?"

Harry looked at Jackie, who grinned. She had begged her husband not to find out the sex of the baby, though he wanted to so badly. He had begrudgingly agreed, but liked to tease Jackie every chance he got. "I happen to know it's going to be a boy."

Jackie rolled her eyes. "He does not know. He wishes."

"I'll have you know I hope it's a girl," Harry said. "I just think it's going to be a boy."

"So do I," Jackie agreed. "I can just feel it."

"Agree to disagree," Kate said- Jackie knew Kate thought the baby was a girl.

"I guess we'll just have to see," Jackie countered with a smile.

"I think dinner's starting," William said, watching as most of the other mingling guests at The Cotton House began to migrate outside towards the beach. The royals joined the crowd, heading down to the white sand beach where a large barbecue had been assembled. There was food, music and dancing as the sun set over the crystal-clear water. Jackie couldn't remember the last time she had felt more relaxed as she and Harry danced amongst the other guests- but the feeling quickly dissipated as a shout came from the water.

Jackie and Harry looked up in unison to see a small fishing boat less than 100 yards out from the beach. Her heart dropped at the sight of two men with cameras snapping away, greedily photographing every their every move. Jackie rolled her eyes, folding her arms over her stomach to ruin any shot the paps tried to get of the "royal bump". Kate and Will made their way over to where Harry and Jackie stood on the sand, shooting angry glares at the paps.

"Why?" Jackie groaned.

"They really know how to ruin a great time," Kate scoffed.

"Don't let them bother you," Will advised. "The paps have butted in on just about every one of our family vacations over the years, it's just something that happens."

Jackie turned her back on the intrusive cameras, letting out a sigh. She didn't care if she had been a member of the royal family for 1 year or 40 years, she would never get used to the paparazzi. 

---

So sorry for the delay! I've been so busy lately. I added a photo of the villa Will and Kate stayed in during their real-life "babymoon" to Mustique. Please comment with any thoughts or suggestions! :)