Unknown

It took a while for the doctor to come, but when he did come it was worth the wait. 

"I'm sorry for keeping you waiting. Please forgive my absence. There was a patient who required a lot of medical attention."

I texted Ian, "tell him it's alright. We didn't wait that long anyways." Ian spoke those exact words to the doctor. He just added his root word, 'Buggy'.

"Oh, not at all. I'm here to serve you after all. A doctor's duty is to make sure his patient's duty is taken care of."

I texted him, "Tell him that I said this, Thank you for putting us on the top, and make sure you repeat it just as I said it."

Ian spoke and I read his lips. I had just found out that I'm not bad at reading lips and if I learn it and get used to it I'm sure I'd get it like a habit. Ian spoke, "tell him that I said this, thank you for putting us on the top and make sure you repeat it just as I said it." I smacked my head.

Ian was stupid, but he was stupid in a way that made me want to just hug him and laugh it out. I liked the way he didn't care. How he accepts people just as they are. Most people, if they found out I couldn't hear or speak, would have already abandoned me, but he didn't. He stood by my side and even helped me overcome my duties of coming to the hospital.

"So you're my mute and death patient? Why haven't you been coming  to the hospital? You have a lot of past due checkups."

"Sorry, doctor, but I've been having some issues that I needed to resolve."

"That's still no excuse to miss your checkups."

"Sorry, I will not do it again." It was weird having my words come out of Ian's mouth.

"Let's just take care of your check up." He hands us two hospital gowns. "I need you two to change into this gown. I'll be back in just a few minutes."

Did he just say we had to change clothes in the same room? If I knew this was going to happen I would have never chosen to be in the same room as Ian

Ian tapped my shoulder and asked, "Buggy wants to know if you're okay." It was as if he could read me mind.

I smiled half the smile he always gives me. "Don't worry. Buggy and I won't peek at you."

It wasn't that. It was because of what I hid under my clothes. The scars all over me. Those scars are the reason Riyana appears. Whenever I see these scars it reminds me of when I was raped and then Riyana appears. Today of all days I didn't want anyone to appear. But I had to have my checkup done and if it means having Riyana appear then so be it. I had to have a check up done and it doesn't matter what personality does it as long as this body gets a check up.

I nodded my head at Ian to let him know it was okay. He faced a wall and started changing and I faced the opposite wall and started to change. As soon as I took one peek at my scared stomach, arms, and legs, I fainted for one tiny second and woke up as Riyana.