Dear Mom and Dad...

Dear Mom and Dad,

          So we moved in today, Mikey and I. We got to our new school. It's called Rosestone Academy. It's a boarding school. Yeah, I know. Aunt Kate and Uncle Jim shipped us off to a boarding school. I didn't really expect anything else from them. One, they give so much funding to the school. Two, they're legacies from there. And three, they just don't have time for us.

           They didn't even stay and help us move in. They dropped us off at the school, unloaded our bags from the trunk of their shiny black car, and then they drove away saying they would see us during Thanksgiving break. They didn't walk into the buildings with us. They didn't help bring our stuff up to our rooms. They just dropped us off and then drove away, saying that they had some flight to catch. Like I said, they're too busy for us.

            But it's all right. You don't have to worry. I've got it under control. I took Mikey to his dormitories. Luckily, the boys that he's rooming with are really sweet kids. They seem smart and I don't think they'll bother Mikey too much. But Mikey's still a little shy. He wasn't  all too sure about me leaving him there alone. And to be honest, I didn't feel totally comfortable leaving him there alone, either. He's just a little kid. It must be horrible to have to go to a boarding school at such a young age. I just hope he makes friends fast. I have a feeling he's going to be shy for a while now. Also, he's lucky that he has a really sweet secretary. She seems like a really nice woman and I'm sure that if anything happened to Mikey that I couldn't handle myself, she would be the person I'd turn to.

           Now I bet you're wondering what about me. Well, I wasn't as lucky as Mike.

           I mean, my situation is too terrible. It's not like my roommate is some crazy psychopath killer (although I'm not all together sure about that). But no, my roommate is far from that. Actually, my roommate, much to my surprise and I'm sure your's as well, is a boy.

           Yeah, I know what you're thinking. But I promise, I can handle myself. I mean, forget that he's extremely good looking and can play guitar. Psh. Not important at all. Or that he's very, very sweet. No, I'll be just fine.

           Besides, I'm not looking for anything now. My only concerns--and I'm sure you'll think I'm a great daughter because of this--are my grades, getting into college, but most of all, taking care of Mikey. He needs me right now more than anything and I promise you that I will be there for him. I owe you that much.

           I miss you guys.

                                                                                                                                 Love, Ren

_______________________________________________________________________________

A/N: So I'm going to write this story a little differently. I will do normal chapters. But sometimes, in between them, I will write these letters that Renee writes to her parents. You'll find out why and where she does this later on in the story. But I think it's a little creative spin on the tradition sequential chapter stories.

=)

Comment and vote! Let me know what you're thoughts are about my idea. =D

XOXO