Chapter 18 - When I'm Gone

Harry's POV;

At the moment, we were making our way up the stairs to the top floors, which would be the safest place in the hotel. Although it seemed really selfish, I was glad our rooms were on a high floor, our stuff wouldn't get ruined. I felt for the people on the lower floors though.

Amongst the jostling, I was pushed roughly against a wall, and a sharp pain ran through my left arm. I ignored it, however, and continued up. We were now on the top floor, and the room we were put in had a window that gave us a good view of the beach and the ground floor pool.

"No, mum, I'm fine, we're fine, we're safe, trust me." I heard Niall on the phone to his mum I suddenly noticed something.

"Lou, where's Sienna?"

"Oh, she's over- I don't know, I thought she was right beside us."

"Guys!" I called to the others, panic evident in my voice, "Where's Sienna?"

They all replied with the same thing; they didn't know. They looked equally as worried as me and Corey was sniffling quietly, being comforted by Zach.

Maybe she's just in a different room, she'll be fine. There's no way she could be out there.

"There's a girl out there!" someone shrieked from the window and I rushed over. Sure enough, by the pool was a girl trying to get a child out of a chair.

It was Sienna.

"Sienna!" I shouted, banging my fists on the glass, despite my injured arm, but to no avail. The massive waves were close, literally streets from the hotel. Looking down, she finally got the child out and rushed to the hotel doors with it. I sighed and let out a breath that I was unconsciously holding.

That was, until I saw her run back out.

"No!" I yelled, "Sienna don't!"

But it was too late.

I watched, horrified, as the powerful tsunami tides smashed into her, knocking her down. I heard a scream, and saw that practically the whole room was watching. She painfully tried to lift herself up but was knocked flat by another wave. Our group was distraught; Corey and Niall full on crying, Louis staring down helplessly, Liam with tears in his eyes and Zayn comforting him, shaking his head sadly. This was worse than any horror movie I'd ever seen. This was a nightmare.

Except this was real.

This was happening.

I couldn't do anything.

I could only watch as my step sister fought a losing battle against mother nature.

The water turned from sea water into dirtier water, as it collected sand, mud, plants and other things in its current. I could no longer see Sienna, and I hit the glass one last time before sliding down against the wall and crying into my knees.

Sienna's POV;

Help me.

I tried to scream for help but nothing came out. After being knocked down by the second wave, I was being slowly covered by the water. I tried to swim, but the current pushed me back down. Sand and mud was thrown into my face and the water became murkier every second. Suddenly, a table, which was being carried by the tsunami smashed into my leg, while hard object collided with my head.

Objects were being thrown at me by the water and though I tried to move, my arms and legs wouldn't respond. As I screamed again, water filled my mouth and ears, and I choked. The roar of the mighty disaster rang in my ears and salt water and dirt stung the wounds I'd received. Growing dizzier by the second, the last thing I saw was Harry on the top floor, his mouth open as though he was screaming as he hit the window, before I blacked out.