Chapter 17 - Teddy

PLEASE NOTE: THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS MODERATELY GRAPHIC BULIMIC AND MILD SELF HARM SCENES, WHICH MAY OR MAY NOT BE TRIGGERING IDK BUT YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED
----------------------------------------

Liam's POV;

"Liam, where's the after sun?" a meek voice asked me. I picked up the small blue bottle and turned to give it to Harry.

"Here you g- shit Harry!" I exclaimed, dropping the after sun in the sand.

"What happened?" Niall asked lazily from his deck chair.

"Harry's a tomato." I replied.

"What!?" Zayn asked, shooting up suddenly. "Oh, Harry, I should have guessed."

"Did you put any sun cream on this morning?" I asked the curly boy, who gave me a weak smile before shaking his head. I stared at him in disbelief.

"Jesus, what am I going to do with you?" I sighed.

"It'll fade to a tan in a few days." Zayn informed us.

"Then you'll be all golden brown like a cake." Louis added, joining the conversation suddenly.

"Thanks Louis, now I'm hungry." Niall said, looking at Louis.

"Eat the tomato." Louis suggested, and we all laughed.

"It's your own fault, Styles." Corey muttered.

"Hey!?" Harry complained.

"What's the time?" I asked, stretching.

"Uh, half three." Zayn said.

"Does anyone wanna head home now?"

"Can we get ice cream on the way?" Corey asked innocently.

"Sure, I think everyone's up for that?" I looked around and everyone nodded.

"Hey where's the lovebirds?" Louis asked, searching for Sienna and Zach.

"Oh, up on that cliff." Corey replied coolly, pointing to a high grassy bank to the left of us.

"Woah, what?" Harry's eyes widened, "Is it safe up there? What if they f-"

"Harry, they're fine, trust me." Corey reassured him, adding quietly at the end, "They're more than fine."

"Corey's right," I added, "they're coming down from there right now."

"Hey guys!" she yelled.

When they were closer to us, she stared at Harry with a confused look on her face.

"Who's the tomato?" she joked and Harry furrowed his eyebrows.

"I'm not a tomato, jeez guys."

"Whatever, lets get going before I decide not to take you to the ice cream shop." I interrupted.

***

"Cookie Dough, no, wait, Chocolate. No, I'll have Oreo, no, oh my god this is so difficult."

"Sir, why don't you have all three?" the waitress suggested.

"Oh yeah, thank you. All three please." Louis flashed the lady a smile and she scooped the ice cream onto the cone.

"You having one, Sienna?" Corey asked her. She shook her head no and we all looked at her.

"Why not?" I asked, trying not to sound rude.

"I- I don't know, I just don't want one."

"But you love ice cream, it's your favourite food. Your dad left you a few tubs when he went away, didn't he?" Harry questioned.

"Yeah, but-"

"Exactly," he said, turning to the waitress, "one chocolate and strawberry ice cream please."

The lady handed him an ice cream, before he passed it to Sienna.

"Thanks." she said quietly, licking the ice cream slowly.

Something was going on with Sienna, and none of us could tell what it was. She wasn't eating much and when she did it always seemed to be healthy. Whenever she looked at her phone, she seemed to get upset but she wouldn't tell any of us what was wrong.

Sienna's POV;

I really didn't want to eat that ice cream, do you know how many calories are in it? Lots.

I had to eat that ice cream, because Harry refused to let us leave the shop until I'd finished it. The sticky dessert slid down my throat and made me shudder, not only from the cold temperature of it but also because I was trying not to eat. I hadn't actually eaten a full meal since we got here a few days ago. I felt so fat, I had to get this ice cream out of my system, fast.

We'd returned home and I ran straight through my room and into the bathroom. Shutting and locking the door, I knelt down in front of the toilet and looked deep down. I held my hair back with one hand while I calmed myself down, remembering how to do this. I'd looked this stuff up earlier, in case I'd ever need to do it. Shutting my eyes, two of my fingers moved to the back of my throat, slowly, as though I was seeing what my limits were. The second time, I dug my fingers in further and more harshly. I gagged, feeling a warm liquid travel up to my throat. I gagged again, this time actually throwing up. I spat the mushed food into the toilet bowl, making sure most of what I'd eaten earlier was no longer in my body. I sunk back on my knees, breathing deeply. I felt relieved; but it was also exhilarating, don't ask me why, there was just something about doing that stuff that made me excited.

I washed my hands and mouth, flushed the toilet and left, trying not to look suspicious. Luckily, the boys were playing video games on the sofa.

"You okay?" Liam asked, and I turned to face him. He wasn't playing in the game that the others were playing so he got up and came over towards me.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I lied.

"Good, just wanted to make sure you were okay."

"What about you?" I asked, "You know, with D-"

"Shh!" Liam clamped his hand over my mouth to stop me from talking. I licked it and grinned as he wiped it on his top. "The guys don't know yet." he told me quietly.

"Uh, why?"

"Because... Oh, I don't know. Maybe it's because I don't know how to say it. I can't just go, "oh yeah guys, Danielle and I broke up and I kinda forgot to tell you." I can't do that!"

"I get it." I said softly, "Tell them in your own time, but they do need to know, okay?"

"Okay, mother." he joked. "But I still can't believe it happened, I mean, I still don't want to accept the fact that it happened, even if I was miserable before."

"I know what you mean," I spoke reminiscently, "I know just what you mean."

"I think I'm gonna do it. I'm gonna tell them now."

"You don't have to do it now, you can-"

"Sienna, they deserve to know."

"Hey! No fair! You cheated!" yelled someone from the other side of the room.

"No I didn't! It's just because you're bad at this game!"

"I'm not!"

"Louis' right, Zayn, you are crap at this."

"Harry, be quiet, who even invited you into this conversation?"

"I don't need an invitation because the party don't start till I walk in."

"Cut the cheesy crap, Liam has something to tell you!" I shouted. The room went quiet and Liam laughed nervously as we left the kitchen and entered the living area.

"You're still crap." Harry whispered to Zayn.

"Oi, tomato, I said hush." I made zip motions at my mouth and they were quiet.

"So guys, uh, before we left, I-"

"Is this about Danielle?" Niall asked.

"Uh, yeah. Anyway-"

"Is this about you and Danielle breaking up?" Louis interrupted.

"Yeah it is. Now- Wait, how do you know?" Liam cut himself off.

"Liam, honey, you shouldn't leave your phone unattended." Harry laughed.

"Oh, and also Danielle called the day before we left for Hawaii and said she needed to come over to collect some of the stuff she left at the house." Zayn added quietly. "That's how we know."

"Oh, so I don't have to explain everything?" Liam queried.

"Not if you don't want to." Zayn replied kindly.

Liam walked over and sat back by the sofas, smiling gratefully at me and the others.

"We'll get it out of you one day though." Louis grinned slyly as they started a new game.

***

"Sienna! Your phone's ringing!"

I leapt up from the sofa and ran to the kitchen, where Harry was holding my phone in his hand.

"Thanks H-Bear." I grinned.

"Is that my new nickname?" he asked, raising his eyebrows at me.

"Yup." I replied, answering the call and walking into my room, shutting the door. There was no caller ID, because whoever was calling had withheld their number.

"Hello?"

"Hey, it's the slut!"

"Uh, who is this?"

The person on the other end just laughed. It was a guy, and I recognised the voice, but I couldn't work out who it was.

"I seriously didn't think you had it in you, Walker. I thought you were a nice girl." the speaker's tone softened slightly.

"But I've done nothing wrong." I told them quietly.

"LIAR!" they roared through the phone, "How stupid do you think I am!? There's evidence! You know what, why don't you just go and kill yourself right now. Everyone would be happier without you."

Tears brimmed my eyes and eventually trickled down my cheeks. "W-what?" I choked out.

"That's right, no one wants you. Not even your damn stepbrother! I wouldn't be surprised if he only puts up with you because he has to! You need to stop prancing around with that boyband and acting like you're top shit! NO ONE LIKES YOU!" the last part was exaggerated and I was full out crying now.

"Do the world a favour and kill yourself." they muttered, before hanging up.

I stared down at my phone, tears dripping onto it. Panicking, I ran into my bathroom and locked the door, sitting on the closed toilet with my head in my hands. Why was it getting so bad? Why did nobody believe me? It seemed like everyone back home hated me, when I'd done nothing wrong. And what the caller had said about Harry and the boys... what if it was true? What if they all hated me too. Surely they wouldn't..

These thoughts were rushing around my head but the main thing that stuck out was that whoever called me said I should just kill myself. Why? I don't get it. Even if I had done that with Luke, which of course I haven't, why would they want me dead? I lifted up my shirt and glared at my stomach. I hated my stomach. I hated everything about me. I was too fat. I hurriedly searched through the bathroom cabinet where I kept my stuff, throwing a few items out and onto the floor. I finally found it.

My razor.