14: "A young child like you should go to bed after CBeebies has finished."

Sienna:

We had to get to the airport at 5:30 in the evening, so I left it to myself to lie in as late as possible. This meant that Harry ended up forcibly (yet still very gently) dragging me out of bed at midday to eat and get ready.

I'd missed out on God's gift (Niall's trip to the shop on the corner) of warm croissants for breakfast so I just made some toast. A rather measly alternative to the wonders of the world that are croissants, don't you think?

Liam's patchy eyes gave themselves away when I walked into his room to ask for some earphones. He was stuffing some things into a backpack for the plane journey with watery eyes and I knew immediately how last night's events had affected him.

Last night:

I sat cross-legged on Liam's bed, twirling my hair between my fingers, watching Liam pace back and forth. The rest of the boys, after having watched My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding, had disappeared out to the shops to buy final things for the trip.

"It's no use Sienna! She doesn't love me anymore!" he sighed, laying back down on his bed.

"I'm sure she does! Maybe she's going through a difficult time, I mean--"

I was cut off when Liam's phone started ringing. He shot straight back up and glanced down at the caller ID.

"It's Danielle." he said forlornly.

"Answer it then! And put it on speaker! Just pretend I'm not here."

He answered it and set it down on the bed.

"Hello Liam, it's Danielle."

"Oh yeah, hi Danielle." Liam replied shakily.

"Are you with the boys or are you alone?"

I shook my head at him, indicating that I 'wasn't here'.

"I'm alone. Everyone's out. Why?"

"I need to speak to you. I'll be over in five minutes." The line went dead.

"Sienna! What do I do!?" he cried. "I've never heard her sound so cold..."

"I don't know! Okay, so everyone else is out. I'll uh, hide under the bed. Don't mind me. Just, try to keep it calm, alright? It'll be okay."

"Okay, I hope so." The doorbell rang. "Quick! She's here! Hide under the bed!"

I scrambled under the bed, and flicked a dirty sock away just as Danielle and Liam came back upstairs and began talking.

"What do you need to speak to me about?" Liam asked.

She sighed. "Us, Liam, I need to speak about us. I, I can't do this anymore. Being away from you for so long, I can't take it."

Liam processed this information for a minute before replying.

"That is not a good enough excuse! Danielle, our last tour finished months ago! You've had plenty of time to see me but you're always busy or have work! I'm sick of you not having time to see me!"

"I'm sick of you complaining all the time!"

"I'm sick of you putting everything before our relationship!"

"You know what, Liam? I'm sick of YOU!"

The tension was so thick you could've cut it with a knife.

"After everything I've done," he spoke slowly, "everything we've been through. I get so much hate for dating you--"

"And you think I don't?" she snapped, cutting him off. "I can't take this anymore. I can't take the hate, I can't take the pressure and I can't take the distance. We're through, Liam."