The Best Is Yet To Come

Yay a new chapter :) The ending and title was inspired by 'The Best Is Yet To Come' by the band Red. Video on the right :)

*******************************

Alex

I mumbled to myself as I was walking down the street, I had no idea where I was going nor did I care. I know I shouldn’t be mad but why would she do that? I’m beginning to wonder if I should’ve even waited for her… The cool breeze snapped me out of my trance, it looked as if it was about to rain; I looked around. I could see the hospital Kyle’s in down the road; maybe I should go see him, he always is the voice of reason.

“Kyle?” I walked into his room, Aubrey was sitting next to him holding his hand; I wonder if Jayda would even do that… “Hey man, where’s Jayda?” He tried to look behind me. “At the hotel.” Aubrey looked at me confused; I sighed. “She…” I sat down on the chair and looked down. “She doesn’t want to be with me.” I exhaled loudly. “Well that’s to be expected Alex.” Kyle chimed in. “Why?” I growled. “Because her fiancée who she thought she loved turned into an insane person and got killed.” He answered as if it was obvious. “I saved her life.” I growled again. “Alex.” Aubrey spoke up. “Give Jayda some time…it’s hard to lose someone you loved…” I looked up, her eyes were watery. Kyle brushed her cheek with his hand; she was right, I guess I overreacted…again. “What do you say we go back to Cali? All four of us.” Kyle looked over at Aubrey then back to me. “Jayda has to get rid of her demons here…” Aubrey nodded, I sighed. I hope to god Jayda doesn’t get back into the clubbing scene… “Where would we live?” I asked, I don’t have any money and I doubt Kyle wants to use up his for a house… “I have enough money to last us for a good while…” Kyle tried to show off to Aubrey, I slapped my forehead. His parents were millionaires and when they died he inherited all the money plus he got some ‘extra cash’ as he says from winning BMX championships…luckily I get to use his cash; I laughed in my head. “Alright fine…as long as you get us a place with lots of space.” I looked at Aubrey and jokingly sneered. “I’m allowed to leave either later today or tomorrow morning so you go back to the hotel and get yourself and Jayda ready.” I nodded and left, it was raining outside so I was soaked when I got into the building.

“Jayda!” I walked in the hotel door, dripping wet. I was starting to feel bad about how I treated her; I hope I can make it up too her… “Jade?” I looked around and saw the bathroom door closed. I sighed and tried to open the door “Jayda please open the door.” I tried again; she must be sitting against it. “No! I’m not coming out!” she yelled from inside. “Why?” I put my hand on the door frame and brushed my hand through my hair. “Because if I come out I’m going to screw something else up.” Screw something else up? What did she screw up before? “What do you mean Jayda? You didn’t screw anything up before.” I felt the need to open the door and comfort her but she stayed put. “Yes I did! I made you get rid of me, I made Benjamin go crazy, I got Kyle hurt and now I got you mad at me!” I could hear her burst into tears; I tried pushing the door open, this time harder. She didn’t have much strength left so she slid forward while trying to hold me back. “Jayda…” I squeezed through the door and knelt down in front of her; her face was buried in her hands. “I’m not mad at you.” I said calmly; a droplet of water landed on my nose from my hair. “Yes you are! I could tell by the way you walked out of here…and I could see it in your face.” I gently grabbed her wrists and pulled her hands away from her face. “I wasn’t mad I was confused, but now I understand.” She looked up, our eyes met; memories of our past hit me like a freight train. Her gorgeous green eyes looked like that of an angels. “I’m sorry…” she whispered. “I do want to be with you…I don’t know what I was thinking.” She looked back down. My heart stopped, she wants to be with me? I didn’t know what to think let alone what to do; for the first time in a long time I was completely dumbfounded.