Three Nightmares

Disclaimer: I do NOT own any of these characters except Aria, Jude, Lucy, Max, Raychel, Maria, Katie, and Nick. Everyone else belongs to J.K. Rowling.

Three Nightmares

            I woke up next to Fred in his and George’s room at the Burrow. I could hear his soft breathing and knew he was still asleep. He didn’t have his arm around me so it made it easier to get up. I got off the bed quietly and walked out into the hallway. I could hear the kids playing downstairs and I followed the sounds. It was only Katie and Maria and Nick was asleep in the play pin. Oliver, Max, Teddy, and Roxanne must’ve gone home with their parents after Fred and I went to bed last night. I kissed the top of the girls’ heads and went into the kitchen to help Mrs. Weasley with breakfast. Mr. Weasley was already eating his because he had to go to work; which reminded me that Fred also had work. I turned around to go back upstairs and tell him but he was standing behind me already. He kissed my lips and held me to him.

            “Where are the girls?” He asked and I looked at him curiously.

            “They’re in the sitting room.” I told him.

            He shook his head. “No, they’re not.”

            “What?” I pushed him away and ran into the sitting room.

            The girls were gone. Where were they? I started panicking and Fred grabbed my arms. “Aria, Aria, calm down. They’re probably outside or upstairs, ok? I’ll check outside and you go upstairs.”

            I nodded and ran upstairs. I checked Fred and George’s room and mine and Fred’s room but they weren’t there. I was about to go up to the third floor when I heard Fred calling my name from outside. He sounded panicked and I ran down the stairs and out the front door. Fred was standing there looking off into the distance. I looked to where he was looking and saw the girls. They were crying and were being held by the hair by Raychel. Anger and fear filled my body and I yelled, “No!” I started running towards them but Fred grabbed me.

            “Aria! Don’t!” He yelled and held me back as tears ran down my cheeks.

            “But she’s got them, Fred!” I yelled and saw tears in his eyes.

            “I know but she threatened their lives if we go closer.” He whispered in my ear and held me to him.

            “Mumma!” Katie cried and my heart broke.

            “Just leave them alone!” I yelled at Raychel and she just smirked.

            “No. I think I’ll take them.” She pulled out her wand and apparated.

            “No!” I screamed and fell to the ground.

            I jumped awake and was covered in a cold sweat. I was panting and I touched my head with my hand. I slid my hand down to my eyes and started crying. Thank God it was just a nightmare. But Fred was next to me, right? I looked down and he was by me. Then why did I have the nightmare? Was Raychel messing with my dreams now? This was great. I was going to have to start using the Sweet Dream pills Fred and George sold at their shop again.

            “Aria, what’s wrong?” Fred asked as he sat up and touched my back. More tears left my eyes and I pressed myself to his body. “Hey, Love, what is it?” He wrapped his arms around me and rubbed my back.