The Day with Draco

Disclaimer: I do NOT own any of these characters except Aria, Jude, Lucy, Max, Raychel, Maria, Katie, and Nick. Everyone else belongs to J.K. Rowling.

The Day with Draco

            My face was tear stained and I was lying on the floor. My whole body was in pain and I was screaming. I was under the Cruciatus curse. It felt like a thousand white hot knives stabbing my body. Actually, it was worse than that. The pain stopped and I relaxed a little bit onto the floor. I heard a male start to scream next to me and I looked over to see Fred lying there. My heart ached and I sat up by him to try to ease the pain even thought I knew it was useless.

            “Fred, sh. It’s gonna be fine.” I told him through tears and I rubbed his arm. I looked up at a female that was hiding in the shadows and said, “Please just leave him alone. He didn’t do anything.”

            Fred stopped screaming and looked up at me. The female laughed and said, “He didn’t do anything? Think again.”

            My body filled with pain and I fell on top of Fred. I felt him hold me to him protectively but that didn’t ease the pan from the curse. The pain stopped and I clutched Fred. He held me tightly and kissed my head. I cried into him and buried my face into his neck. He kissed my shoulder and felt his tears on my skin. I hated that he was crying. It was breaking my heart.

            “Just let us go.” Fred begged. “We just want to go.”

            “You will not be leaving!” The girl yelled. “You two will learn how it feels to lose someone you love.”

            He tightened his grip on me and I was afraid to look at what was happening. “We know what that feels like, remember? You killed our kids.” He barely got the last part out and I cried more into his neck.

            “Yes but now for true love.” Fred buried his head in my shoulder and his tears fell onto it. “Avada Kedavra!”

            I jumped awake and was covered in a cold sweat. Tears were rolling down my face and I put my head in my hands. I hated that nightmare. Hell, I hated every nightmare so that wasn’t saying much. I looked around the old room and had to think about where I was. I was still at Harry and Ginny’s. Right. I sighed and got out of the bed. I had to go and see Fred and the kids. I had to make sure everything was fine with them. That everything was still fine with Fred and I. I took of the pajamas Ginny lent me and got on my clothes from the previous day. They smelled like rain and red velvet cake. I smiled at Fred’s scent and left the room. Ginny was coming up the stairs then and she smiled at me.

            “I was just coming to make sure you were ok.” She said as she stood by me.

            “I’m fine.” I told her tiredly. “I have to go though. Thanks for letting me stay the night.”

            “No problem.” She wrapped me in a hug.

            “You can stay here whenever you want.”

            “Thanks.” I took out my wand. “Bye.”

            “Bye.”

            I apparated to the sitting room of my house and it was quiet. It seemed like Fred and the kids stayed at the Burrow the previous night. I sighed and debated if I should go over there. I knew Fred had work but I wasn’t sure if he had left yet. I took a deep breath and knew I had to go see. I left the house and walked down the path to the Burrow. I walked through the front door and heard two little girls yell, “Mumma!”