Chapter Twelve

Chapter Twelve

I watch everyone leave for a funeral I’m not invited to. That I don’t want to go to.

“You sure?” Rylen asks.

“Yes.”  I bluntly reply, sighing. Rylen shakes his head, before leaving me alone. Bad mistake. I wait ten minutes to make sure he’s gone, before climbing the ladder to the roof. I watch from my position as they bring in Cherish’s casket. A small tear falls from my right eye, landing on Tyler’s head. He looks up, noticing me. He smiles lightly, before looking back to the front. I get myself into a comfortable position, before my older self appears.

You know you don’t have to watch from up here.” She says, smiling lightly at me.

“But I don’t deserve to be down there. I … I was the one who put her there …” I whisper, another tear falling on top of Tyler’s head.

I’ll pause the time. I’ll allow you to go down there …”

“Thanks.” I nod, as time stops around me. I carefully walk from the roof, down the stairs, and over to Cherish’s casket.

“Cherish …” I whisper, placing my hand on the casket. Suddenly, a figure appears in front of me.

What do you want.” The figure says, sounding strangely like Cherish herself.

“I’m sorry … I was angry and I couldn’t help it …” I whisper, looking over to Alice. Her tears are frozen in time, her face full of sorrow. I take a step towards her, only to be stopped by that same figure.

Don’t go anywhere near my daughter, foolish Violet.” It’s … Cherish? Oh man …

“I won’t. I’m sorry.” I say, walking away. This time, I’m not stopped. I go back to my position above them all, allowing time to start again.

Are you alright?” My older self asks me, her eyes shining lightly.

“Kind of … Cherish’s ghost came up to me.” My older selves’ eyes widen in shock.

That’s impossible … That didn’t happen to me.

“Well … I guess this time everything’s going to be different. Like, it’s not going to be the same as how your life played out …” I whisper, shaking my head.                                

That’s true  ... Because this is your life, not mine.” My older self whispers.

“But our lives are the same … wait a second …” I look below us, to see Cherish’s ghost rushing up to us. I fall backwards, my arms catching onto a beam as I hang from the roof, a fairly big drop below me.

“H-help …” I whisper, closing my eyes, scared.

“What in the world … Violet?!?” Rylen yells from below me, as one of my hands slip from the beam.

I’ll make sure he catches you, little self.” My older self voice whispers through the air, as I release my other hand from the beam. The wind rushes around me, as I fall towards Rylen, and all the mourners.

“Vio!” Rylen calls, as I open my eyes. I’m … not falling. Looking around me quickly, I see that I am floating. It’s like time has stopped … but it hasn’t, because there’s yells from below me, yells that are not Rylen’s.

“What in the world?”

“Is this some sort of trick?!? Why is she floating?”

“Violet!” I hear Rylen call.

“Rylen … Catch me.” I whisper, as I begin falling once again.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll quickly finish off chapter 13 then post it :DD