Chapter Eleven

Chapter eleven

Cherish…I’m sorry. I’m so sorry. I’ll go to your family and say that I’m sorry. I promise you that. It’s the least I could do…

“CHERISH!” I hear someone yell. Suddenly, her husband, Taylor, breaks the door open and see’s Cherish lying lifeless on the cold, concrete ground. Tears begin to slide down both his and my face, as he slowly walks over to his murdered wife. I watch as he picks her up, taking her away from her death place, and away…just away…

“I’m so sorry…” I whisper, hoping he can hear my sorrows. I carefully make my way up the stairs; to stare at the place her soul had left her body. I put a pure black rose where she died, before throwing another down to where Taylor found her. Then I follow him.

“Mum?” I hear as I walk into the lounge room. Alice is crouching near her mother’s body, head on her chest. Tears swelling from her eyes. Gulping, I look away from Alice, to Tyler. His face is blank, but his eyes are full of sorrow. I walk over to him, quiet as a ghost, to give him a hug. He gasps, before relaxing into my grip.

“I’m sorry, Tyler.” Whispering into his ear, he nods, knowing that I’m believable. Releasing myself from him, I take one final glance at Cherish, patting her head before walking away…

Waking up, tears swelling from my eyes, hair sticking to my face. I get out of my bed, walking towards the bathroom. Was that a dream? Or was it reality? At this moment, I cannot tell. Throwing water over my face, I feel terrible. At least I said sorry. At least I did.

“Violet…are you okay?” Hearing Rylen’s voice behind me…my saviour. Tears continue to fall as I bury myself in his chest. He runs his fingers through my matted hair as I cry. Cry for Cherish…cry for Taylor…for Alice and Tyler…

“Shh, Violet. I know you’re sorry. You need to live through it.” Listening to his reassuring voice, my body calms, but my mind is still racing. Racing like a rocket ship.

“I know, Rylen. But I just don’t understand it all. I guess I’ll just have to take life one day at a time.”

“Yeah, Vio.”