Chapter Nine

“Oh, god.” I whisper to my older self as the mist around her disappears. I feel her cold fingers wrap around mine, as she gives me a huge smile. I shift my gaze towards Rylen, and his older self resting his arm against him. My older self turns around and immediately notices him.

Rylen?!?!” She practically yells across the room to him. I watch as his eyes widen for a split second, before narrowing to stare at her.

Violet.” He replies, no emotion in his voice. Suddenly, my Rylen, the younger one, turns around, eyes wide. He whispers sharply at his older self, and then turns back around to shoot me a dark look. I avert my eyes towards the ground, so I don’t have to see him.

Why are you here?” My older self asks. I lift my head up to look at older Me. She looks back, with a confused look on her face.

Because, Rylen summoned me without him even knowing.” He replies, staring straight past the older me, towards me. I feel my insides shrink away from me, and the common sense part of my brain telling me to run. Before I even knew it, I had spun around and was running out of there. But I end up tripping down the stairs, landing ankle first on the ground outside my house. Suddenly, I feel pain shooting up from my leg. Moaning, I close my eyes, willing the pain to go away. But it wouldn’t. I feel my hands shake heaps, before I end up passing out on the freezing cold concrete ground, with nobody around.

“Violet.” I hear someone say. I weakly open my eyes, to see Cherish standing over me. I try to sit up, but I can’t. Then, I realise, that I’ve been tied down. I groan, pain re-appearing from my ankle.

“Hah! You’re mine now.” Cherish laughs in my face. I frown at her, disappointed that she’s gone this low just to get back at me.

“Really, Cherish, really? You go this low just to get back at me?” I smugly say back to her, wanting her to get angry. But what I didn’t expect is that she punches me. PUNCHES ME! I groan, the pain coming from both my legs now.

“You are NOT allowed to talk without my permission. Or…you know what happens.” Cherish yells, making me flinch. I feel tears beginning to slide across my cheek, splashing onto the concrete below me.

“I’ll be back later, Violet. And you better watch out. Because it’s not going to end good.” She threatens me, before walking out, slamming the door behind her. I feel my hands shaking, from me being afraid of what’s going to happen.

“Vio….” I whisper, hoping my older self can hear me. I silently cry, scared. I think I fell asleep afterwards, because I’m being shaken awake. I moan, before opening my eyes, seeing my older self and Rylen’s older self standing over me. My eyes widen as I realise who it is.

“Guys…help!” I whisper to them, hoping they would help me. My older self ropes around me, and unties them with super-speed. My older self helps me up, and I hug them both, while whispering over and over;

“Thank you so much.”

It’s alright, Violet. Now we have to work out how to get you out of here!” My older self whispers back.

Yeah, and we promise we’ll get you out.” Rylen’s older self continues off of Violet’s sentence. My eyes widen as I think of another question to ask.

“Where am I?”

Cherish’s home.” I almost collapse from shock. Of cause it was going to be her home. I have to destroy her now. Literally destroy her. I shrug myself out of their grip, before running to the door to see if it’s unlocked. Unfortunately, it isn’t unlocked. I sigh, before realising that my older self could unlock it from the outside.

“Violet, could you see if the door will unlock from the outside?” I ask her, hoping to hell it would work.

I’ll try.” She replies, before slipping underneath the door and opening it from the outside.

“Thank you!!!” I run out and give her a huge hug. She smiles and releases me from the hug, taking my hand. And Rylen’s older self takes my other hand, and I feel safer by the second. We quickly check either way, before we walk out of here. But just before we open the door to get out, it opens. And Cherish is standing in the way. I groan, as my older self and Rylen’s older self’s mouth’s drop to the floor.

“No way.” Cherish says aloud, before shoving me down a few steps. I growl at her, before revealing my hidden knife. I jump the steps to get up to her, before punching her, making her collapse onto the floor.

“What in the world?” I hear Cherish mumble to herself. I purposely wave the knife in front of her face, and her eyes widen immediately. She swears under her breath, as I take the knife away. I lean down, and whisper in her ear;

“Now, would you like me to leave you alive and let me go?”

She shakes her head. I roll my eyes, before putting the knife to her wrist.

“I will make you suffer, Cherish.” I growl at her. Suddenly, I feel a hand on my shoulder. I turn around to see my older self staring at me.

“Violet, you don’t have to do this.” She whispers in my ear, and I shake my head.

“I have to.”

I release my older self’s hand from my shoulder, before quickly running the knife along Cherish’s wrist. She screams, before tears abruptly stream out of her eyes, wetting the cold ground. I smile at her, ready to take it to the next level. My eyes narrow in on her, as she attempts to sit up. I put my foot on her chest to push her back down.

“You don’t deserve to stand.” I growl at her. She cringes away from me, as I take a step closer. I look down to the knife, which has only minimal blood on it. Then I look at my fingers. Beautiful, shiny and…SILVER?!? My eyes widen. I spin around to look at my older self, who gives me a shocked expression.

“What…What’s going on?” I ask her, scared. She just looks down to the floor. All of a sudden, the concrete goes clear like a mirror, and I see myself…At least I think it’s me. Black with a green layer of hair, silver skin and…bright crimson eyes?! Covering my mouth from shock, I look away from the clearness. I turn my head back to Cherish, who is curled up into a ball, keeping her wrist covered. While taking a few steps over to her, she looks up, eyes wide.

“D-Don’t hurt me…” She begs. I stifle a laugh, before bringing the knife out to her leg. Just before cutting a quick line across her leg, I say;

“Suffer.”

She screams so loud that the whole world could hear her. Well, her family at least. Deciding to silence her, I bring the knife up to her throat.

“No…” I hear someone whisper behind me, but I don’t know who. I quickly growl at Cherish, before silencing her forever. Her body slips and tumbles down the stairs, blood seeping out everywhere.

“That’s what you get when you mess with Violet.” I hiss at nobody in particular. I quickly wipe the knife against the wall, before running for my life. My mind hasn’t caught up with my body yet. Abruptly, I stop, realisation finally catching up with me. Tears fall from my still crimson eyes onto the wooden floor below. I feel myself shaking from fear. I feel an arm wrap around me, but I’m too distraught to look up.

“It’s alright.” I hear a male voice in my ear. I look up to see Rylen’s older self looking at me. I bury myself in his arms, wanting to get out of here.

“Hold on. I’ll get you home.” He whispers to me, before mumbling something else. Theres a sudden burst of air, before I fall out of his arms, onto my soft carpet.

“Violet, what are you…Whoa.”

 -----------------------

:D FINALLY UPDATED THIS STORY!!! (cheers)