Chapter Six

Chapter Six

 “How in the hell did you see that?” Rylen asks me once he had closed the door.

“Um…Would you believe me if I told you the truth?” I ask him, uncertain that he would believe me.

“Of cause I would.” He gives me a small smile.

“Well…I got told by a ghost that it was going to happen two minutes prior to it happening!” I blurt out.

“Umm…I change my mind. Tell me the truth this time, Violet.” Rylen frowns at me, obviously not believing me. I sigh, before answering bluntly;

“I looked at out the window, and there was a gun pointed at you.”

“Thank you Violet…but I looked at the same time and there was nothing there.” Rylen says to me, shocking me to the core.

“WHAT?!?” I practically yell at him.

“Sorry…” He mumbles.

“Forget about it.” I mumble back. Rylen grabs my hands and pulls me close to him. All of a sudden, there’s this blinding light, and my hands disconnect from his. I smash into the wall behind me, head throbbing.

“Ugh…” I moan, pain spreading all around me from the impact.

“Vio…Oh god.” I hear Rylen yell. I shut my eyes, as the pain is unbearable.

“Vio! I’m sorry. I don’t know what happened.” I feel his safe arms wrap around me. I moan again from the pain.

“Shh, Vio. It’s okay. Just relax.” I hear Rylen whisper to me, just before I let my head fall back.

“Ryl?” I whisper, before I open my eyes. Once I open my eyes, I realise I’m not in my apartment. I don’t even know where I am.

Hey, Violet. I had to bring you here to show you something.” I hear that familiar voice again. Violet, the ghost.

“Where am I?” I ask her.

Where Cherish works.” She replies. I smile, and then I see Cherish standing two metres away from me.

“Kelen. I missed. She moved. Violet moved. Please, I need one more chance to destroy her.” Cherish whispers to the guy next to her.

“It is fine, Cherish. You must do it soon, or… you know the consequences.” The guy, Kelen, replies.

Okay. That’s all. I’ll see you soon. And you better believe it.” The ghost smiles, before sending me back.

“Violet?” I hear Rylen whisper to me. I open my eyes to see Rylen staring at me.

“I’m okay.” I mumble to him, just loud enough for him to hear. We smile at each other, and Rylen helps me up.

“Thanks.” I grab his hand and he helps me up.

“Vio, what happened when you passed out?” Rylen asks me.

“Well…I found out something. Cherish wasn’t after you. She was after me.”