Chapter 12 - Grandma

I walked out the car with Aaliyah behind me "i think you forget to be a gentlemen sometimes and then sometimes you remember" she said, since i didn't open her door, but in my defense it was alot to remember.

I rang on the door bell and held back a laugh as Aaliyah was getting paler by the minute. The door opened and i wrapped my arms around my grandma, she was almost as tall, i had gotten my height from my grandparents. Since my grandpa was 6'3 and my grandma was 5'9, i guess thats why she tended to look intimidating at times.

"I missed you grams" i said as i pulled away, she laughed "i brought diamond" she said pushing me out the way. I went to the side wanting to see how my grams would respond, since Ryan had told her everything yesterday.

Aaliyah walked forward she smiled reaching a hand out, i laughed this was hilarious. My grandma smiled pulling Aaliyah into a hug making me frown, i thought she would use her scariness on her first.

"ive heard so much about you" she cooed as she hugged her tighter. She pulled away holding a flustered Aaliyah "godness girl your so beautiful" she said looking over Aaliyahs face. Grams moved forward moving Aaliyahs bangs out the way "i can see what my grandsons see in you" she commented making me move forward.

I needed to keep my grandmas mouth in check some times she spoke too much, and how the hell did she figure out "that we 'see' something". I sighed and started walking away, but Diamond came running to me  i scooped my dog up in my arms "long time no see buddy" i commented as he clawed at me.

I let him down and he ran towards Aaliyah, Aaliyah froze in place and she looked at me for help, i started laughing and she frowned. "there a problem shawty" i asked, but she didnt even force a smiled, "are you scared" i asked as i moved closer.

"hell yeah im scared", "so  your scared of dogs" i asked for clarification, she sighed "Chris just take him before he bites me and i die" she said, making me laugh "first of all you dont know if its a he, and 'it' has a name, Diamond is a blue nosed pitbull" i explained crossing my arms. Aaliyah still wasnt moving "please Chris, please just take Diamond somewhere else" she begged, i laughed "if only i could make you beg like that in bed" i sighed sadly, and Aaliyah punched me in the arm just as i scooped diamond. 

She ran just as i moved away, making my laugh again, i left Diamond in the backyard to play and walked into the living room. Everyone was sitting just like they used to except this time we had Aaliyah, but it felt good the way everyone had just accepted her.

I walked in sitting beside my grandma, and by now we should all know who was her favourite. "did someone die" i asked making everyone look up, "well ya'll  just stopped talking when i came in" i said. "well we were gonna play charades" Aaliyah said poking her head from the sofa, i realized she was sitting on the other side of me beside my grandma. "So lets play, ill choose my team" i said getting up. Ryan got up too "and as usual your gonna be versing me" he said puffing his chest.

"yeah man, thats only if you were competition" i said pointing to Tyler, Ryan choose grandma, Aiden and jordan and jayden. and i had the rest.  I sighed "and since im nice Aaliyah can be on our team" i said pretending to look disappointed, Aaliyah smiled "actually im on Ryans team, and just so you all know" she said pointing to my team " am a majors in drama" she finished. I looked up at her well actually she turned her back to me as she huddlled with her group, but looks  like there was still a lot to learn, it never really occured to me to ask how she went to school, or of she ever planned on going to college.

So we named our team "Diamond" and, Ryan team was called "Undeafetable" my ass, since the Diamonds were so gonna win.

Tyler and Aaliyah were paired to go first , i slapped him on the back "were depending on you man" i said. Tyler walked forward telling Aaliyah the movie we had choosen i laughed at her expression, we all decided it would be hilarious to see her as a hooker. Aaliyah smiled nervously, she scanned around and she looked at me evilly. She took Jaydens hand so he could come stand in front of her. she sighed looking towards her team, she pointed a finger for 1 word and turned back to Jayden.