Chapter 11 - Break Up to Make Up

Aaliyah P.O.V

I groaned as I heard the alarm, weren’t we in a hotel, and where the hell was this alarm ringing from. I opened my eyes and held back a scream Chris was in the bed beside me, I looked down realizing I was wearing my red dress, which had risen up more then it should have. I felt vibrating underneath me, and I realized it wasn’t the alarm it was a phone.

I clicked on the talk button waiting for someone to speak, I heard a girls voice on the phone, and it sounded like Carol. “Chris are you listening I cant come to night” I heard her say again, but I didn’t reply instead I cut the phone. I sighed falling back into bed, I had the worst headache, it was like a faint hammering at the back of my head.

I closed my eyes letting my thoughts consume me, I remembered I was drunk, but I had no idea why; I didn’t drink. I also remember inviting Chris to my bed and other then that everything that happened at the club was a blur, not that it mattered. What mattered was that I was in bed with Chris. We slept in the same room back home but never really slept together. Either he was on the ground or I was, or we were both on the edge of the bed.

But one thing was for sure, even though I didn’t remember everything, I remembered him telling me that he liked me, so why was Carol talking to him about not being able to meet him. For some reason I didn’t feel angry instead I felt stupid, for trusting him, but I didn’t want to make any assumptions again, so I would wait for an explanation. Chris stirred in his sleep; I looked up at his face and wondered where the flaws were. I slowly got out of bed and walked into the bathroom, I brushed my teeth wanting to get the horrible taste out of my mouth.

I took the worlds shortest shower, since water wasn’t gonna wash my problems away now. I stepped out and put on a fresh pair of capris, well I think they were capris, they only really showed my ankles, I slipped in to a plain black top and tied back my hair into a pony but left out my bangs.

I walked out the room and Chris was still sleeping, and he was only in his boxers, ok so im pretty sure I only took of his shirt. He was still sound asleep, I heard the door open and Ryan walked in. He looked at Chris and then back at me and smirked, “so I guess you guys had fun last night” he said, I frowned “nothing happened Ryan and im glad for that” I replied a little to harshly.

He was suddenly at my side “what did he do” he asked putting a hand on my back. I was finally starting to feel the anger, but my anger became tears. I hated myself for crying and I had no idea why I was crying either. Ryan wiped away my tears and he looked a little angry “did you guys have sex” he asked seriously, but I smacked him on the chest “no” I yelled a little to loudly, but Chris didn’t even move, god he could sleep through an earthquake.

I sighed as Ryan crossed his arms across his chest “I just, well we just….ok so we both confessed that we ‘like’ each other, and Carol called a while ago telling him that she couldn’t meet him tonight” I explained. Ryan nodded “look Aaliyah don’t make any assumptions just hear him out” he said. I nodded as he pulled me into a hug, I hugged him back “your the best” I muffled through his chest.

Ryan pulled away but he wasn’t smiling he took hold of my hand “Aaliyah tomorrow’s the day of the trial, and we have everything prepared, you just have to tell the truth. I just wanted to tell you so you prepare yourself, because there may be media there, even if we requested there not to be” he explained. I nodded my head and took a deep breath “ I wasn’t scared because this time I knew there were people that had my back.

 Ryan walked out telling me to meet them down stairs in half an hour. I sighed and walked to the half naked Chris, I would have to confront him sooner or later.

Chris P.O.V

I felt someone nudging me; I groaned at least it wasn’t water being dumped on my face. I opened my eyes and realized it was Aaliyah, I instantly smiled at the fact she’d let me sleep here last night. I prayed that she remembered everything and didn’t change her mind.