CHAPTER 24

Tessa had just swam a few invigorating laps in the pool. She sunk onto one of the poolside loungers and sipped on her chilled peach and apricot smoothie. She winced as she felt the effect of the brain freeze at her temples from drinking it too quickly. If Brad were here, he'd chuckle and nurse his thumb against her temples.
Brad...
She recalled the last time she was at the poolside with him. How she'd teased him, and the erotic kiss they'd exchanged.

I bet you're back in high society, painting the town red with a different woman on your arm every night. Are they in your bed as well?

She felt an acute pain twisting in her stomach at the thought of Brad making love to another woman.

'Mrs. Blakely you have a visitor.'

Tessa moaned softly. It had to be Fabian. He'd called her during the day, nagging for her to join them for drinks at JeTag.

'Send him through here please Hanna,' Tessa smiled.
She hurriedly wrapped her sarong around her body. For some reason now that her baby bump was showing, she did not want any men looking at her body, not even Fabian.

'Good evening Mrs. Blakely.'

'Bentley!' Tessa rose to her feet astounded. He was the very last person on earth she expected the uninvited visitor to be.
'Wh---what are you doing here?' Tessa asked in alarm.
Like Brad, Bentley was always immaculately dressed in very expensive suits. He was still in a suit now, looking exhausted.

'You need to return with me to England.'

'Did something happen to Brad?' Tessa went white as a sheet.

'No,' Bentley seemed to take his time to choose his words, 'but he needs you.'

'Did Brad send you?' Tessa slowly sunk back onto the lounger. Bentley's interpretation of Brad's needs was subject to debate.

'He does not know that I have come here to see you Mrs Blakely, nor is he aware that I have commandeered his aircraft.'

'If nothing's wrong with Brad and he has not sent you, I don't understand why you're here.' Tessa tried to rack her brain as to what Bentley was up to. She did not want to go to Brad if he did not want to see her. What if Brad threw her out?

And how the hell was Bentley able to commandeer his boss's jet across the continent without permission!

'Mrs Blakely please just take my word for it,' Bentley urged. 'I need you to go back with me tonight.'

'Tonight Bentley!' Tessa looked at her wristwatch. 'It's seven in the evening. It's the middle of the week. I have to go to work tomorrow morning,' she informed Bentley who stood there patiently and calmly expecting her to give in to his demand.

'Mrs. Blakely,' Bentley dragged out patiently. 'I've just flown eight hours nonstop to get here. The jet is refuelling as we speak to return to London tonight. If you don't go back with me,' Bentley swallowed, 'you might be reading Mr. Blakely's obituary by the weekend.'

'What!' Tessa sobbed, the tears streamed down her cheeks. 'You said he's okay. You said nothing is wrong with him. I---I want to speak to him now,' Tessa demanded.

'He'll be more than a little inebriated right now,' Bentley smiled for the first time. 'In fact that is pretty much all Mr. Blakely has been doing since we returned home.' 

Tessa covered her face with her hands.

Dear God, what have I done to him?

She had to go, even if Brad did not want her or to see her for that matter. She needed to get through to him. He was not going to deprive their child of a father, damn it, he had to pull himself together.