CHAPTER 18

In the foul mood Tessa was in now, she figured only two options could rid her of her sexual frustration as she absent mindedly piled juicy black olives onto her diner plate.  Either she go for a swim after dinner or drag Brad to her suite upstairs and have her wild way with him.

'I hope that's not the main course,' she heard Brad's sexy voice in her ear.

Do you want to be the main course?  It can be arranged.  You will be the very first man in my bed upstairs.

'Do you mind taking a hike?  You are starting to frustrate me!'

'Why don't you allow me to take away your frustration?  You know you want me.'

Bastard ---err cow.

'I'm frustrated yes.  I want sex yes,' Tessa looked around at all the guests.  Her gaze returned to the satisfied smirk on Brad's face.  'Guess what darling, you aren't the only one with the goods who can deliver.'
She left him standing there and walked to somebody she would not under previous circumstances hook up with.

'Trace, hey, how are you?' Tessa joined him on the grass.  'Sit down silly,' she smiled, as he politely stood up.

'Tessa, wow you look great,' his eyes looked her up and down.  'You just come out of the massage parlour?  You're all glowing.'

Must be the pregnancy or Brad's ministrations inside a few minutes ago.  Either way the bastard---err cow is responsible.

'I thought you were not available,' Tessa bit into some chicken.  'I saw the guest list, next to your name it said you were out of state.'

'When I got the email, I changed my plans,' his eyes held hers.  She knew the look.  She knew what it was communicating and she was so having major withdrawal symptoms.

'Not going to happen Trace,' she murmured, wiping her fingers with a paper towel. 

At the corner of her eye, she could see Brad glaring her way.  He looked livid.  Under normal circumstances, she would not have sought the company of Trace, but right now an ex lover was more companionable than the man she loathed and frustratingly, the only man she desperately wanted to have sex with.

'You see that's the second most amazing thing about you Tessa,' Trace casually placed his palm on her knee.  Tessa's eyes fell to where Trace's palm lay on her very bare knee.  She knew Brad would be watching like an eagle, ready to pounce at any minute.  When she looked up at Trace he was not even looking at her, his eyes were focused in midair, helping his thoughts articulate what he wanted to say.  She very carefully dusted his hand of her knee.

'You know Tessa,' Trace's eyes were grave.  'Most women are clingers.  They want to hang onto a guy for dear life, even when he wants to move on.   But you,' he shook his head.  'You're no man's door mat.  You don't allow yourself to get trapped in the web.'

I wish we were having this conversation about five months ago.

'Are you getting soft in your old age Trace?' Tessa smiled, 'I thought you played the game, just like I did.' 

"Just like I do"....is what I should have said.

'Aren't you going to ask me what the first most amazing thing about you is?' Trace grinned.

'I've been trained to detect entrapment,' she grinned. 

Trace threw his head back and laughed loudly.  It was loud enough to trigger the steam coming out of Brad's ears.

'You're the most fascinating woman, I've ever made love to,' he murmured.  Tessa did not want to meet Trace's eyes, she looked down.  She'd known what his "most amazing" would be reference to.  'You understand a man's body,' he continued.  'You know just how to make love to a man, and you're so confident about your own body.'