CHAPTER 15

Brad took his place next to Tessa in the back seat of his limo and for the first time in his adult life, he was indecisive.  He could write a book on problem solving.  He thrived on challenges.  In his company, his most ardent strategists knocked on his door to solve their most difficult crises.  Yet now, he was at a loss, as he stole a glance at Tessa.  He could feel her tension.  She sat on the extreme end of the seat, looking out the window.   Her body language was unequivocally stating, "keep away."  Her hands were tightly clasped on her lap, her face devoid of any colour, and a total mask as she ignored him totally as if he were not there.    

He'd reduced her to this by being deceptive and using her.  Yes he'd used her, thinking she'd sign over her shares in exchange for the seemingly invaluable pleasure of having him in her bed.  He'd blown it with Tessa.  He now probably lost her forever.  He hadn't expected things to get to the level it had with her.  Infact he'd thought, it would cost him a few dinners, maybe a diamond necklace and she would have signed over her shares, but everything went pear shaped after his very first night in bed with her.   Where should he begin to try and redeem himself, he wondered.  

Tessa had to do something to distract Brad's overwhelming presence that consumed her now when she wanted to hate him.  She remembered the last time she was in this limo, she had clung to him so desperately, not wanting to be separated from him.  The raw desire and aching need unsatiated, because she had to join her father on his trip to Australia.  She wanted to shut her eyes in the hope of obliterating the molten desire she still felt for him, but she dare not close her eyes, for she would taste his fiery kisses.   She would feel the brush of his hands on her naked flesh, and the unique scent of his skin that would sharpen her arousal and make her beg---.

Tessa quickly opened her handbag and made a call to her boss.

'Seth?'

'What's up Tess?' she heard her bosses' teasing tone.

'This breakfast--- is going to take a little longer than anticipated.'

'Hopefully you'll come back with a smile on your face.  You've been walking around here the last week as if you've been on a diet of lemons,' he assumed "longer than anticipated" meant sex.

Mood swings!  Am I hormonal?

'Don't count on it,' she snapped it shut, cutting the call.

'Tessa?' Brad called out tentatively. 'Do you have your own gynecologist that you would prefer to visit?'

'If I am pregnant, you may not be the father,' she attempted to provoke him.

Brad slowly turned to face her head on, 'tell me you've slept with another man in the last month,' he challenged.

She could not.  'I never want to see you again, you bastard.  I would never want my child to have a lying scheming deceitful ---.'

'I am the father,' he raised his voice.  'Deal with it.  I plan to be a permanent feature in my baby's life, whether you like it or not. '

His baby.   He wanted to be a part of his baby's life.   He did not want proof that HE is the father. 

Tessa angled her head to glare at him, as she opened her phone again and made a call to her gynaecologist.  'Good morning, this is Tessa von Biljoen.  Can Dr. Janine fit me in this morning?'

'Yes, we have an opening in an hour,' the receptionist offered.

'Thank you, I'm on my way.'

Tessa flung her mobile into her bag.  She shut her eyes for a moment. 
All those nights... Did it mean nothing to him?  Was he having sex with me and only thinking about those bloody shares?  Can a man be that cold-hearted, wine, dine and romance a woman as Brad had, just to gain controlling interest in a company!