Chapter 6

Chapter 6

 "Yes?' The guy in the doorway questioned.

I just stood there silent. Too speechless and tired to say a word. By then, I just felt like crumbling into nothing.

It could've actually been a possibility at that point.

My soaked hair stuck to my face and the hood of my favourite hoodie that rested on my head, sent droplets of water down my face. My duffel bag that was still slung over my sopping shoulder made my whole body feel as though I was going to collapse right there in that hallway, outside the door that I thought belonged to my last chance. 

"Dan, who's at the-- Scout?" A familiar voice sounded from inside the flat. I glanced over the shoulder of the boy at the door to see Phil standing there with the most confused expression on his face. 

"Phil?" I whispered out in a shaky breath.

 Seeing Phil just sent me over the edge. I dropped my bag, pushed past the guy at the door, knocking shoulders as I rushed into Phil's arms.

"Phil" I said louder this time but with a broken voice.

All of the pain and distress of the day caught up with me at that point and I finally just let it out. Let out the anger, the sadness, the heartache, the pain and all the emotions and distress that day had caused me, right into the jumper of a boy who I hadn't even talked to in a month or more. But I couldn't have cared less because I needed somebody. Somebody who gave off warmth, happiness, comfort and felt like home.

And that was no other than Phil.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I peeled my eyes open, observing my surroundings.

It's been, I don't even know how many hours since I barged into the poor guys flat. And I finally wept. Even when I lost my job, all I did was cry. But I finally let out all my emotions and wept.

Weeping is not the same thing as crying, It takes your whole body to weep, and when it's over, you feel like you don't have any bones left to hold you up.

That's what happened to me the minute I fell into Phil's warm arms. I started to weep which drained all strength from my body. I literally would have collapsed in the middle of the flat if it weren't for Phil's arms wrapped around me. He carried me to the sofa where we sat and I let everything out. I just wept into his jumper and he didn't question me. He just held me tight and refused to let me go. He was just there for me. And that's all I needed.

Now sat on Phil's sofa, my face hidden in his warm and tear stained jumper, letting my silent tear drops fall with a killer headache not helping. My weeping has long since turned into sobs, which turned into silent sobs, then silent tears that would occasionally fall. The entire time Phil didn't speak a word, he just let me let it out while holding me tight and saying the occasional 'shhh' or 'I'm here now, love'.

Damn, I'm lucky to have him.

I pulled my head out of Phil's comfortable embrace and sniffled a bit. I looked up into his blue eyes which were like the ice water of the arctic but they were so kind and felt like home that they could never feel cold. His pale skin perfectly surrounded his kind blue eyes with his ebony black fringe framing his entire face. His sympathetic, but confused, eyes and sad smile made him look almost like an innocent puppy and made me feel loved. I felt like such a burden on him.

He doesn't deserve sadness in his life.I'm a terrible person for laying all this on him, and yet he still has no idea what's going on with me to make me like this. If only he knew, but I don't want to get him involved in this.