Chapter 3

Chapter 3

It's been about 20 minutes since that weird second encounter on the street with that guy and I keep replaying that moment in my head. The way his deep blue eyes were searching mine.

Gosh, he made me feel so... so vulnerable. He had such an intense stare. I wish I had put on my sunglasses sooner so I wouldn't have felt like he could read me like an open book.

For me, eyes hold your emotions. Your thoughts, insecurities, your soul, almost. And if you can look close enough, you can see almost exactly how someone's feeling. Their emotions and thoughts that you probably wouldn't be able to see otherwise. It's quite cheesy and poetic but it's true, your eyes are kind of a glimpse of your soul if you look close enough. The thing is though, you can never truly know what lies behind a person's eyes. Sure, if you look close enough you can see their emotions, but you don't know their story. What it's like for them, their struggles in the past or even the ones they face daily, how they've come to be and what makes them feel that way. When that guy was looking into my eyes, searching almost, I felt like he could see me in a state I never let anyone see me in. I felt vulnerable in a way that he could see how broken I really am. Well not broken but sure as hell bent.

I know I'm probably over thinking this but I can't help it. 

The cool air conditioning hit my skin and stopped my thoughts as I walked into the UAL main building.

I've waited for Eleanor here before so I knew exactly where to wait so I could find her.

I quickly made my way over to the bench next to the "Activities Board".

I tried to avoid eye contact with anyone passing which is pretty easy considering I'm still wearing my sunglasses even though I'm inside. I just can't bring myself to show my watery eyes.

Every time somebody passes they always stare at me. I mean I probably shouldn't be surprised because I probably look like  some hobo that got disoriented and stumbled into UAL thinking it was something else, but still, it feels weird.

To avoid the stares of the passing people in the halls, I decided to get up, turn my back and pretend to be checking out the board. Well, I started out pretending but after, like, 2 minutes I decided to read some of the flyers out of boredom.

"Cooking Classes"

Nope

"Tutor Needed"

Ha! Nope.

"Hockey Team Try-outs"

Nope

"Circus Camp"

Yeah, I'd probably fit in there..... but nope.

"Book Club"

Nope.

"Art Classes"

Nope.

"Dancers Try-out"

Nop-- wait. What?!

                                           Dancers Try-out

Do you dance? Do you think you got what it takes? Then we want you! Come on down to the University of the Arts London main theatre and audition. You will be auditioning to be a new back up dancer to the famous boyband One Direction. If you try out and get through then you will be a back up dancer for a music video but there might also be a chance to be chosen as a permanent back up dancer for tours and such. Auditions will be held Friday October 4th 2013 in the main theatre at UAL. Please call to reserve an audition spot before September 27th.