Chapter 5

Chapter 5

'POP'

The toaster went off, interupting my thoughts.

Crap, I can't believe she has the dance audition flyer. Now she's going to make it a big deal and try to make me do it even if I'm still undecided. I don't want to talk to her about this today. I don't know if I want to talk about this ever.

"Toast's ready" I said as I turned around to get the toast. Avoiding the question.

"Iris" Eleanor said, warning dripping from her voice. "Don't avoid the question."

"So, do you want yours buttered or..?" I questioned, attempting to distract her from the paper.

"Please just talk to me about it. Where did you get this and why didn't you tell me sooner?"

Hold up.

I turned abrubtly on my heel.

"Wait a minute. Where did I get the flyer? I think the real question is where did you get the flyer?! Casually snooping around my stuff this morning? I only got it yesterday and if you found it then, you would have confronted me sooner. So where did you get that?"

"I wasn't snooping! I ran into your room this morning hoping to murder you for your very loud awakening but when I started to walk into your room I tripped over your bag and faceplanted. It spilled and while I was putting the stuff back in, the flyer caught my eye, I read it and here we are. Like I would find your stuff interesting enough to snoop through, anyway." She mumbled the last part but I still caught it.

"Oh, so now I'm not interesting? What do you really think of me then because last time I checked you thought I was pretty interesting. You thought I was pretty interesting when I took you on that trip to Egypt a couple months ago! You thought I was pretty interesting when we first met and talked for three or more hours! Did I slowly become less interesting after all this time?!"

"No! I didn't mean it like that! Not everything I say to you is an attack! Somehow, though, the conversation always turns around to you the 'victim'. Poor little Iris, everything's always about you."

"Me?! You think everything's always about me? You're always the center of attention and you always push me to the side when some boy comes along. Remember when I became super close with that nice guy Phil? Yeah, you just had to take him and break his heart so now we can barely ever hang out because he doesn't want to see you again after what you did. You just used him and he's the sweetest guy ever! You use people like they're your toys! I never mentioned it before because I didn't think it was my place to tell you to stop but you know what? It is my damn place to tell someone to stop being so controlling and manipulating!"

"You know that I broke up with him because he wasn't what I was looking for not because I like to use guys then throw them away! Why are you even getting so uptight about this and starting a fight, I just wanted to know why it was hidden away! You never dance for anything! Ever! And you never told me the whole story of New York! Even if I only had the radio on, the most you would do was tap your foot or bob your head, unless, of course nobody can see you then you dance a tiny bit more than that. Don't let this control you! Go try out and dance or don't and just throw the paper away but don't keep the paper hidden and hesitate. I don't want you to sit around and feel sorry for yourself anymore! Either move on or do something about it! If you have the right to tell me I'm controlling and manipulating then I finally have the right to tell you to stop feeling sorry for yourself."

"You have no idea what I've been through so you have no right to tell me to just 'get over it' !"

"I don't know because you won't let me know!"