Chapter 1

~Chapter 1~

I walked down the busy streets of London on my way to work as the cool wind hit my face. It was quite a nice day out for London, but there is always a cool wind that the late September brings, giving us a sneak peek of the coming Autumn.

The sun hit my face and a small smile crept onto my lips.

This is the nicest day we've had in weeks, it's been pretty rainy lately but what can you expect from London?

I followed the large crowd into the metro station, or rather the tube, as they like to call it.

You see, I'm not from London. Or anywhere in the UK, as a matter of fact. I'm from New York. I moved here around  7 months ago because I needed a fresh start. And boy, did I get one. Though London is quite busy, it doesn't even compare to the jam packed streets of New York. It's quite a breath of fresh air.

I am quite surprised with where I am with life, but I'm content. If you told me that I would be living in London and working in a small cafe, a year ago. I probably would've laughed and told you that you had the wrong person because in a year I would be dancing in shows across the world, living my dream as a dancer.

Sadly, that never worked out for me. I tried so many times, for so many different shows but never got the chance. So much shit happened that it didn't feel like anything good could ever happen (which is still yet to be changed). I started to lose all hope, the days seemed to drag on and bleed into the next but pass so quickly at the same time.  I just ended up spending most of my days in my tiny apartment that was the size of a shoe. Just thinking.

 One day, I just thought to myself,

 what am I doing with my life? I don't have any drive, ambitions, or dream anymore. I need to stop. I need to change my life before I fall too far into oblivion. It's a vicious cycle, I need to leave and start new. I'm leaving and starting fresh. Somewhere new, exciting, and somewhere I've never been. 

Shortly after that epiphany, I realised that I don't speak any other languages so that ruled out any cool foreign countries and I couldn't move within my own country because I needed somewhere new. So, I decided on the UK. It's a cool place, it's new, it's foreign and better yet, they speak english. Of course there was always Australia but I thought that I would have more opportunities in England as well as I prefer a more temperate place. I don't really like too much heat. Plus, have you seen those spiders?! Eugh, I hate spiders. The way their long, hairy le--

My thoughts got pushed to the side as the tube came to an abrupt stop at my station. I quickly got out and walked up the stairs to join the outside world. I almost forgot how sunny it was before the  blinding rays hit my eyes. I quickly slipped on my sunglasses to protect my eyes from the bright light.

I prefer wearing sunglasses anyway because they stop the world from noticing my eyes, they stop the world from noticing me. I hate my eyes. Everyone always comments on them the second they see me, or they stop and stare. I can't stand it when the first thing I hear somebody say when meeting me, is a comment about my eyes. They always question me too. "How come one eye is brown and the other is blue?" and I always have the same answer. "I have heterochromia iridium, I was born this way." I guess that's also why my parents named me Iris, cheesy I know.

I was always pushed around for being different. People just didn't like me, but I never let it get to me. I would generally just resort to dance to escape for awhile. That's always, kind of, been why I danced. To escape for awhile and to let out my emotions.

Actually, thinking about it, my eyes found me my best friend. 

                                                                   ~Flashback~