Chapter 7 - Too lazy to think of a chapter title.

Authors note: Wow, im really posting fast. This story is hooking me in too. Out of curiosity, Who is your favorite character of mine from any story? This is just a random question i've been wondering. You dont have to answer if you dont want but i was just curious.

Hope you enjoy this chapter.

Chapter 7

It was too early to drink so Miles skipped out on the bar. He headed out to the movies to catch a film. He sat through two hours of some comedy about a guy trying to get a girl but everything seemed to go wrong for him.

"I think I've seen this before," Miles thought to himself. "Where was it? Oh yeah, in every other movie in the world." Halfway through the movie he had fallen asleep and the next thing he knew he was being woken up by a theater cleaner. He snapped his eyes wide-awake and apologized.

"Boring movie," he mumbled to the cleaner as he walked out. He walked out of the theater and noticed to his delight that the movie had cut though part of his day and now a thick darkness had swept the night sky. Miles took a deep breath, breathing in the cold night air. It sent a chill down his spine. He walked to get his car and drove it to Bob's bar. To his relief, Barry wasn't working tonight and Bob was. Miles immediately walked up to the bar to talk to Bob.

"Bobby," Mile said. Bob shot him a look of disgust. He hated when anyone called him that and Miles knew that.

"The usual?" Bob asked?

"Nah, I'm not thirsty," Miles replied, sitting down in a stool by the bar.

"Not thirsty?" Bob replied with a small chuckle, putting down the glass he was cleaning. "Well then I think you're in the wrong place." Miles smiled too.

"Look man, sorry about last night," Miles started but then Bob waved him off.

"Don't be, in fact, here's your money back," Bob said sliding the bills, Miles left on the counter last night, to him.

"I can't take these back, they were to cover the damage and the broken table."

"I understand but I wouldn't have a table to break or a bar to damage had it not been for you. Your contribution to my bar really saved my life. For that I owe you."

"Thanks Bob," Miles said taking the money and sliding it in his pocket.

"Now while you're here, I'd like to discuss your tab," Bob said with a smile, holding out his hand. Miles took the money back out of his pocket and gave it back to Bob.

"Well, I'm glad we had this discussion." Bob said, counting the money.

"What happened to 'I owe you'?" Miles asked.

"Oh, by the way, that one girl is back," Bob said, changing the subject. He nodded his head to the back of the bar where Miles saw Amy sitting alone, once again staring out the window. "She kept asking for a guy named Ray that looked like you."

"Don't think you can just change the subject and think I'll forget," Miles said getting up. "Well talk about this later. But for now, a round of our usual drinks please." Miles said walking over to Amy.

"Hey baby, you miss me?" Miles said as he approached. She jumped and looked over. Once she saw to it was she relaxed and smiled.

"Ray!"

"Sorry I didn't mean to scare you like that," Miles said.

"Oh, no, don't worry about it. Come sit down." Amy said pointing at the chair across from her.

"Expecting someone else?" Miles asked? "James?"

"No I was watching for you this time," Amy said. "I wanted to thank you for last night. What you did was amazing. Thank you!"

"It was no problem at all," Miles said sitting down. "It was my pleasure taking care of idiots like that." Bob arrived with their drinks and set them down on the table. Miles grabbed his and took a sip. "Very nice, thanks Bob." He waved as he was walking back to the bar.

"I thought he would be furious you were back in his bar after what happened last night," Amy said grabbing her drink and stirring it with her straw.

"No, Barry would. To be honest I don't think Barry really likes me. Something about me stealing his girlfriend or something. Bob on the other hand, we've been good friends for a number of years. We were roommates in college. I helped him out and gave him some money to open this bar. He's long since tried to pay me back but I didn't want him to. I gave it to him as a gift."

"That was very nice of you," Amy said.

"Eh, its what friends do. I'd like to think he would do the same for me," Miles said. "Yeah right. Cheapskate," He thought.

"How did you raise the money for something like that?" Amy asked interested. Miles, with out missing a beat, recited the story he recited to the cops a couple months earlier.

"Well, I had a rich uncle who died in a plane crash. He left me a small portion of his life savings and gave it to me. Now what seemed like a small portion to him was a ton to me. I got about $500,000 dollars from him. I saved some for a rainy day then thought I should share my wealth with friends."

"That's very generous of you," Amy said with a small grin. "I didn't want to bring him up tonight but James had a similar story. He had a rich father who died when he was young and left him a very large amount of money. He couldn't collect it until he turned the legal age of 18 but when he did, he used it to pay his way through law school. He was greedy though and used the rest to buy a winter cabin up in the mountains. 124 Meadowlark Drive Cabin #12, I think it was. I don't know. He always seems to brag about that place. He would always say how Cabin #12 was the biggest or how Meadowlark was the street with the most expensive houses. He was always so greedy and selfish. He would never take anyone to that cabin. No one else lives there, I wonder how lonely it must be there."

"Yeah, well lets not talk about him. Lets talk about happy things," and they did just that. They talked about favorite movies; favorite sports teams, college and high school experiences, what they wanted to be. They got to know a lot about each other. At around two am, Amy looked at her watch and grew wide-eyed.

"Oh my word, its almost 2 o' clock in the morning. I have work in like 6 hours." She quickly got up and Miles did the same. "I have to go, this was great thanks but I have to go."

"I'm sorry, I didn't realize the lateness of the hour," Miles said and helped her grab her coat.

"No its not your fault," Amy said. "I had a great time and time seems to fly when your having fun." She said with a smile. Miles hailed her a cab and she quickly got it.

"I hope to see you again some time soon," Miles said as she shut the door.

"You can count on it," she said with a smile. Miles walked back to his pickup and hoped in. He didn't drive back to his apartment however. He was headed to Meadowlark drive. Cabin number 12 to be more precise. About a half an hour later he arrived. He got lost on the way cause the road signs were switched. It only should have taken him about fifteen minutes that really set him back. He turned off his lights as he approached and turned off the engine. He slowly walked up to the lock and started to pick it. He didn't know what he would find in the cabin but there had to be something. He finished picking the lock and the door opened. He walked in and slowly shut it. He surveyed the room and saw what he wanted. Sitting on a table by the far wall, was a 72-inch flat screen TV. Miles almost drooled just looking at it. He crept over to it and started unplugging things from the TV. He was about to lift it up when the light behind him clicked on. He quickly turned around and saw a familiar face sitting in a large armchair facing the TV and Miles.

"Hello Miles." Amy said.